Dynex 2-Port USB Card Bus Adapter Review

Any reviews you may have for games, electronics, or anything else, can be posted here!

Dynex 2-Port USB Card Bus Adapter Review

Postby Terrabyte20xx » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:51 am

So about a week and a half ago, my parents got me a laptop for school. It's second hand, and has terrible specs for gaming, but it web browses faster than my desktop, so for a good while I've been using it on here. The sad part is about 2 days after I got the thing, I drop it and burned out my USB ports, thus pretty much negating the entire purpose of the thing, since I need to be able to use flash drives. So yesterday, I went over to best buy, and got the product on the title. How well does it do? Let's find out.

First, it connects to your laptop via the PCMCIA Slot, which most, if not all laptops that have compatibility with USB, have. It is plug and play, meaning that you can just plug it in, and in about half a minute, you have two new USB ports!

Let's talk about the Pros and Cons.

The Pros are the fact that you have two new usb ports, it's plug and play, and that it comes with USB 2.0 allowing for faster transfers.

The Cons are the fact that it sticks out like a sore thumb on your computer, so you have to disconnected it when you're putting it in it's case.

So yeah, I could only find 1 con, with 3 pros.

Overall, I feel that this is a great product, and a lifesaver for someone who's USB ports died.
Go Beyond the Impossible, Kick Reason to the Curb, that's how Team Gurren rolls!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is a GIF?
(████████████████████▓▒╢▒╢▒╢▒╢▒╢()╟▒╟▒╟▒╟▒╟▒▓█████████████████████)
Terrabyte20xx
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Re: Dynex 2-Port USB Card Bus Adapter Review

Postby Scott » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:56 pm

I had something similar happen to me recently, except instead of a total burnout the ports were pushed in too far and broke off from the motherboard. I had them replaced with more 2.0 buses (I believe) although thinking back I wish I would've looked into 3.0.

Glad it worked out for you :u:
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Reviews