Battlefront3.net Clan

Any reviews you may have for games, electronics, or anything else, can be posted here!

Battlefront3.net Clan

Postby Nitro » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:39 am

I am starting a new side project for our website, where I'll be setting up a sub-domain on battlefront3.net for our clan/clans. The sub-domain will be a separate site installtion (apart from the main site) and will utilize this theme (http://themes.skywarriorthemes.com/?the ... ddict-html) customized to our Battlefront 3 theme / our clan theme and I am also working on getting this bridged with the forums (so when you log into the forums, you will also be logged into the clan site.

I know I haven't been totally active with the forums and site lately, but you have to understand that I do work full time and have a family, so my time can be scarce. I will also need lots of help of course running this, ect.. since all forums members will be logged into the site, we can set up roles and responsibilities for regular users if we wish ect.. Scott and Sparta have been amazing running the forums while I am absent, so I am hoping you guys will be involved in this project as well.

I am working on the development locally here and once I have a prototype, I will upload to a test production for you all to log in and test out.

I would like to get some feedback on what everyone thinks of this? ideas? sub-domain name (ourclanname.battlefront3.net)?
Nitro
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Battlefront3.net Clan

Postby Terrabyte20xx » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:47 pm

First of all, I want to say that it's all cool Nitro. You pay the bills to keep the site going, so there would be no reason to complain when it comes to your activity. We all have lives of the net, and there's no reason why you shouldn't too.

Now as for the clan sub-domain, I think it's an excellent idea. I will admit, however, that have absolutely 0 experience with clans, so I don't really know anything. But I am for sure looking forward to testing that prototype whenever it is ready.

I do have an Idea for a sub-domain name though. I'm thinking something like: commanddeck.battlefront3.net. Invoking the idea that the Clan sub-domain is where we plan our battles and stuff like that. But whatever you come up with is fine too, it's your site, after all.
Go Beyond the Impossible, Kick Reason to the Curb, that's how Team Gurren rolls!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is a GIF?
(████████████████████▓▒╢▒╢▒╢▒╢▒╢()╟▒╟▒╟▒╟▒╟▒▓█████████████████████)
Terrabyte20xx
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Postby Scott » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:04 pm

No idea how I missed this post before :-?:

Why are you leaning towards a subdomain rather than www.battlefront3.net/clan?
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby s0ngoku33 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:25 pm

That's funny I was just looking at that theme from skywarrior today :0 . The interface on that theme is clean and easy to use for new users. I know I'm new but I ran a rather big clan during Battlefront 1&2 days and I'm with Scott why would you want a subdomain instead of www.battlefront3.net/clan? Are you wanting this site to be a hub for all other battlefront clans plus making one for ourselves?
s0ngoku33
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Postby Nitro » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:37 pm

No reason inparticular, it doesn't matter to me which we use? :u:
Nitro
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Scott » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:14 pm

I prefer a sub-directory as it doesn't fragment the brand, y'know? :)-

It also keeps our site's ecosystem more consistent and tight even if it is as simple as a naming convention.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nitro » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:13 pm

So you'd rather something like clan.battlefront3.net? I also have swbattlefront.org (it's currently redirecting to here).
Nitro
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Scott » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:15 pm

Nitro wrote:So you'd rather something like clan.battlefront3.net? I also have swbattlefront.org (it's currently redirecting to here).

Oops I made a mistake on that one. Corrected my post to reflect. I meant sub-directory not subdomain.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nitro » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:19 pm

Ok :lol:
Nitro
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nitro » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:22 pm

So we need some clan name ideas.
Nitro
Administrator
Administrator

Postby s0ngoku33 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:30 am

You going with something off the wall or something closer to the name here?
s0ngoku33
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Postby addseo1115 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:15 am

Glad to see your cool posts.
I am new member here.
Thanks for posting.
addseo1115
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Return to Reviews