Response to Tuggie's latest update

Talk about anything related to the Star Wars universe (Non-gaming)
eu defender
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept
Allegiance:: Neutral

Response to Tuggie's latest update

Post by eu defender » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:23 am

Hi all, I'm new here but recent events made me want to sign up. Before I say anything else I just want to thank Tuggie, in my opinion he's the reason we are getting a new Battlefront game! :) Now that said I just want to say a few things about the latest update... First the issue of TPS/FPS.. I think we'd all agree the option would be nice and some DICE employees agree with us YAY! (at least on twitter lol) However, I'd like to respond to Tuggie's, "What did we expect?" comment regarding the issue. While you are correct that it should be no suprise DICE and EA want the game to be FPS I think it should be said DICE wanted this job. Multiple articles stated DICE asked EA for this. If they were uncomfortable with the TPS development they should have either not volunteered (maker forbid) or had a official response to fan backlash. Secondly I want to address the EU. I personally love some of the book series I admit there are awful ones too lol. Tuggie, I would like to ask a question: why couldn't disney make new movies on the EU? The quickest answers most say are fan backlash for not sticking to close to source material and the EU sucked. Ok, the first one I'd say look at other book-to-movie adaptations. While there may be small backlashes for changes it's not apocolyptic lol. Certainly in this case because 99% of movie goers would have no clue of the changes. For the creative arguement I'd just say that Disney is not giving JJ any more freedom than he would have had with EU in place. Plus JJ was hired it's not like this is his IP. For the it sucked, I'll ask how is Star Wars still relevant today? It's EU products that have kept it a profitable IP for Disney to buy up.
"You either win the game of thrones or you die."
Raz Taz
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Allegiance:: myself

Re: Response to Tuggie's latest update

Post by Raz Taz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:25 pm

I agree.
I guess they are doing 1st perzon bbecause those are selling now. Probly some buisnes thi g like that. It does have the advantage though of being better for occulus rift and you are closer to all the level detail.
Cant figure out how to make this sig thing do what I want.
eu defender
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

Post by eu defender » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:53 pm

True but if DICE is so scared by TPS they can't officialy comment, there nowhere near oculus support... :(
mikepurdy1234
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Allegiance:: Jedi

Post by mikepurdy1234 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:14 am

the next announcement (maybe E3/2015) should address 3rd person view. if that is all they say about Battlefront, then I'll be happy.
eu defender
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

Post by eu defender » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:58 am

I hope E3 2015 will have more than that. It will have been 2ish years since DICE started development. I think we get gameplay if not DICE's PR team is insane.
mikepurdy1234
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Allegiance:: Jedi

Post by mikepurdy1234 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:33 pm

don't misunderstand me, I believe that E3 2015 will have the biggest push of the game.

Full Trailer, (half live action, half gameplay, and big reveal within the trailer).

All I'm saying is that if they decide to minimize the whole thing, I want to know about 3rd person... and maybe
space to ground
eu defender
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

Post by eu defender » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:19 pm

Agreed. :)