Battlefront Campaign information and Multiplayer “Hero” System

By Nitro On 12 Feb, 2015 At 06:41 PM | Categorized As Featured, News, Rumours, Star Wars Battlefront | With 2 Comments

Finally! Some rumours are starting to leak out of the tightly sealed vault that is Star Wars: Battlefront! According to VG247.com, makingstarwars.net has released quite a lengthy list of what they claim are “rumor” only.

First up on the list are these nice gems:

The story of Star Wars: Battlefront’s campaign will span pretty much the entire Star Wars saga.

Star Wars Battlefront will feature segments in which you play as both the good guys (Old Republic, Rebellion and Republic) and bad guys (Separatists and the Empire). It was specifically stated that there will be a small portion of prequel trilogy content. You will participate in a couple of battles from the Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and the space battle above Corsucant from the beginning of Revenge of the Sith.

The majority of the campaign will take place during the original trilogy era. All of the battles and settings that you would expect to be there will be playable. It was said that the campaign itself is pretty long when compared to other first person shooters.

There will be some segments of the campaign which take place between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. There won’t be a lot because in their words “Lucasfilm has a lot of plans for that era.”

The last section of the campaign takes place before and during the opening segments of The Force Awakens. Don’t expect anything too revealing, because the game is expected to ship about a month before the movie releases.

For both the Republic (that’s what the good guys are being called in the production here) and Empire sections you will be playing characters that actually appear in The Force Awakens.

I am really liking the idea that this game may tie into the new Star Wars movie in various ways. Not only is it great promotion for the movie, it also gives you a chance to interact and play with actual characters that could potentially be in the movie.

The next bit of goodies revolve mainly around the multi-player aspect of the game.

The scale of the multiplayer is going to be absolutely massive with up 64 players participating on each side.

Space to land battles are absolutely happening, but will only be available in certain game modes.

There will be a “hero” system in place, where as you play you accumulate points that you can eventually cash in to play as a “hero” character. These characters are extremely powerful and have abilities that are not available to the normal characters that you play for most of the matches. The system is constantly in flux, but as it is now, pretty much everyone have a chance to play as a hero at least once per match.

The Downloadable Content plan for the game is “extremely aggressive”. Expect up to five DLC packs for the game, with the first coming out before the end of 2015. Each pack will be themed, with the first two or three being exclusively based around content from The Force Awakens.

Oh yeah! 64 Player multi-player!! I kind of like the “hero” system idea, but it’s not really one of the more exciting perks of this list in my option and I’m not really surprised much by the downloadable content.

Of course this is all unconfirmed rumours but it’s definitely a great start if the information deems to be worthy.

HUGE thanks to the poster from makingstarwars.net, be sure to check out their full list of rumors here.

I would love to here all of your comments on these rumours!! So get posting 🙂

1. horhay says:

Just don’t rush the game and give us crap like battlefield 3…..

2. hral says:

Multiplayer galactic conquest would be awesome !

regarding hero.
    If the 64 vs 64 players rumours are true and if the each player will avg. get 1 hero spawn opportunity each round. It means that 128 heroes will spawn per match… that definitely sounds like too much… so instead of pre-whining, I believe one of those rumours have to be false.

No matter what I really look forward to it.

Biggest hope is that they give modders good tools !

3. Hayabusa says:

Ok; so these are rumours but even so, there’s a lot missing. If the game neglects the simplicity of the other two installations, which revolve around simply shooting baddies, stealing vehicles, capturing Command Posts and not being tactical whatsoever, then, as I’ve said before, it’s not going to be Battlefront anymore. But until more confirmation is given, we can’t really speculate much.
    But “snippets” of episode 1, 2 and 3 isn’t really going to be enough – we need Maul, Dooku, Obi-Wan, Windu, Qui-Gon, Anakin etc; AATs, MTTs, IFTs, N1s, Vulture Driods, Spider Walks, AT-TEs etc!

4. Carl says:

Hey guys, CHECK THIS OUT:

GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE INCOMING, YEAH!!

5. M. Gustave H says:

Yeah I’m not really sure why people are bitching and complaining about rumors when there has been no official release of information from DICE. These are literally all just rumors, and don’t let anybody tell you that their info is the Gods honest truth. No instant action? Where did DICE say this? They haven’t. No Galactic Conquest?!?!?! Where did DICE say this? They Haven’t… I mean come off it people. Lets just be patient and let DICE give us the AAA game that you know they are going to give us. There is no need to freak out right now about what will or will not be in the game, based on rumors.

So also a couple replies to previous comments.
    1. This is DICE and EA. This is not Pandemic. They do not have to make this game a third person shooter because the other installments were. Different companies, different styles of creating games. Could they make it 3rd person? Yes. And I bet there will be certain aspects of 3rd person in this game. Like driving in vehicles or operating certain machines. BF4 had the option to revert to third person when driving so that is possible. But like I said before it is not necessary.

Listen, nobody wants to see this game succeed more than me. I bought both battlefronts the day they released and I still have a guild that plays Battlefront 2 on the pc, every weekend. This series was absolutely beautiful. I want there to be a multiplayer Galactic Conquest just like in Battlefront 2. But I want it to have the option to have like 10 or more people. like maybe a 5v5 or 4v4 option. Anything like that would be super awesome. But is it a deal breaker if they don’t have it? Nope! not at all. this is battlefront and I will play this no matter what happens. I’ll adapt to the game just like I adapted to everything that battlefront 2 had to offer different than battlefront 1.

Don’t worry guys and gals. Its going to be stellar. Keep up the support and always stay positive. 🙂 GDC is starting and will be going through the next several days. Maybe we will see something from Battlefront! If not then E3 is only 3 months away. Im super pumped!

6. TTom316Tom says:

Ive been a star wars fan for many years,, the first battle front was beautiful, with the the second made it better, they are one of few shooters that give you armies and ships to use,, plus a third army to bug you here and there which was great, and the her system in the 2nd game was FINE,just add more detail to them an what they can do, upgrade the movement of the soldiers and Dont bs, if it ain’t broke dont fix it just clean it up make it look better and add to it by mt stupid , make the story cover the whole story if gonna make it a 3 day long story mode. I love the more numbers idea, but dont take away it feeling like a war. Ive been playing games sense super Nintendo and all I see is assholes make new games the think people want, when all you do is take away the details we loved so much, like the asking dont take away 3rd person and same sure stop taking away local multiplayer, “Instant Action was the best part of the games” if I wanna play online fine, but if i wanna play a game at home with my friend without needing ten TVs ten systems an 500 cables, then I should be able too. The games were in there own special category and they were more fun then COD so MMS game people will want to play and remember. Darth Vader for life lol

7. People are already complaining about this?! A lot of these comments are pretty stupid. Why are people freaking out about rumors? Wait for DICE to say something, then bitch about it…

8. Hayabusa says:

First off: here’s a big disappointment: ‘when compared to other first person shooters.’ – FPS in previous Battlefront games is and should ONLY be an option. The first two instalments were third-person which made the games so much more fun and easy to play around with. Also, focusing primarily on episode 4, 5 and 6 is not going to justify why it’s such an epic game. If they focus on the last three then what’s the point in having “bits from the others” in the game?! Come on, without including The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith there would be no point in adding bits of them in because they finish the storyline.
    It’s almost like this kind of scenario: Just finished destroying the Death Star for the first time and Vader has been temporarily lost somewhere; and now let’s go and (“following their story”) do a mission with Anakin before he’s even become Vader. Doesn’t quite work does it?

For an opposing thought: 64 maps sounds good, with the “hero” system which also sounds nice but if al the “hero” maps only let me play as Luke, Solo, Leia, Chewbacca, Vader etc then I’m going to be disappointed because I can’t play as my favourite characters, which is what the Battlefront games allegedly let us do.
    By EA and DICE’s definition of multiplayer, their interpretation is about 16 people per map – 8 on each side – hiding behind walls and shooting people with real-world rifles and weapons. That doesn’t sound inciting. Whereas, in Battlefront 1 and 2, LucasArts’ interpretation of multiplayer both on and offline, single player and split-screen is an army of 200+ on each side running around for the sake of finding a baddy to shoot and stealing their vehicles and Command Posts and having droids do their good deeds by healing you and giving you ammo, with Jawas, Gungans and Tuskan Raiders trying to get in the way and get some sleep without too much noise.
    If you ask me, it’s quite easy to decide which of those two multiplayer options sounds best!

It feels almost safe to say that as EA and DICE love their Battlefield games they’ll make a Star Wars Battlefield with Battlefront stickers for scenery.

In short, if Battlefront 3 DOES come out in the way it seems to be heading towards, then what’s the point in calling it “Star Wars Battlefront 3”?

• Whiskerclaw says:

Its 64 PLAYERS on each SIDE not 64 MAPS.

• EJ says:

Nobody needs you for this game so go take those complaints to mommy so she can wipe your face or ground you. Less cheating enemies I have to deal with. Adapt to the new game or simply don’t play it.

• I guess you’ve never played battlefield or battlefront, all of dices fps games have 32v32 battles (more than any battlefront game ever) I think you’re thinking of call of duty, and they said the new battlefront will have 64v64 battles not “64 maps” maybe you should read the post thoroughly before you respond.

9. bigbob145 says:

Noooooooo!

I seriously hate that they’re putting heroes in. The whole point of Battlefront is you play as the common soldier. Battlefront 2 ruined that and now they are doing it again.

• EJ says:

When I heard that it was kind of painful, now you have to deviate your attention towards those heroes, specially if they are breaking you team. I feel that hero deal is extremely unbalancing and people will use them to exploit bugs and glitches. Winning a battle will be much more difficult now.

10. Did I read that right? 64 PER SIDE so 128 total?. . . . . :O

11. Alex says:

I just hope that they keep singleplayer skirmishes. The best part of Battlefront for me was being able to split screen with a friend and play against the computer.

The way things are going, it’s starting to seem less like Star Wars BattleFRONT and more like Star Wars BattleFIELD. But I’m still hopeful.

“Cautiously optimistic” is the word I’m looking for.

• Nitro says:

I agree and I do hope they keep the skirmishes as well.

• jjohndoe says:

I agree with you entirely. I ALWAYS played splitscreen offline with the AI bots. I they took those off then i most likely WILL NOT buy this. Since its EA and DICE, it will most likely only be 1st person like all the photos ive seen of their work on it have been so far. If they do ruin it i hope they go bankrup and get mugged and rapped by a gang of bikers on a back alley somewhere. Long live the old battlefront

• EJ says:

Nope, no skirmishes or instant action in that game. Campaign and multiplayer modes were only confirmed. The campaign will encompass everything from the Clones Wars to the Imperial Civil War.