Star Wars Battlefront E3 Gameplay Footage!

By Nitro On 9 Jun, 2014 At 06:05 PM | Categorized As Featured, News, Star Wars Battlefront | With 2 Comments

This years E3 expo was a bit let down for me. After years of being thoroughly disappointed by “no Battlefront 3” news at E3, I figured this year (especially after announcing the game at last years E3) they would at least give us a little more then just a two minute video. While it’s still nice that we did get some information, I am still going to go around sulking and ranting for the next few days that I should have gotten more Battlefront information.

So! Down to what we did get. At the beginning of the clip DICE talks about how this is a game that is desired by fans (duh!) and how they went back to the Lucasarts archives to capture the actual models and props that were used in the movies (big props for that, very cool!). Their team even ended up going to the actual Star Wars movie locations which included Hoth and Endor! Also included in the few minutes of game play we did see was some Snow Speeders, AT-ST’s, and Snow Speeders. At the end of the clip, they “delicately” tell us that we will be able to see more in the spring of 2015.. now that’s a time far, far, away…

Overall (even in two minutes) the game play that we did get to see looked pretty phenomenal! The visuals and graphics I think are going to be absolutely amazing. This  Battlefrontians, IS the Battlefront that we have all been waiting for, I can feel it!

Lets hear your thoughts and opinions on the game play and come join us over at the forums for some Battlefront discussion and what you would like to see in the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront game!

Check out the gallery below for some great screenshots from the video!

1. Joe says:

1 more year! Got the ps4, now just need the game

2. Tim says:

So far all I am seeing is Rebels vs. Empire. Will there be CIS vs. Republic?

• guilherme says:

I think yes, cuz the history of the new movie and game envolve the empire. Can yoj say from wich platform is made this game? (Ps2, ps3, Xbox…)

• Phaser Bunny says:

My question is will there be post Episode 6 Armies, like the Vong, Galactic Alliance, Imperial Remnant, and Chiss Empire.
      And all these factions actually exist in the expanded universe.

3. Andres says:

I would like Savage to be in it…. just saying. Or at least releasing him as a DLC character.

4. Brico Jaff says:

Hi, I have a suggestion about battlefront three. Maybe if you reach a kind of rank you can make a character for yourself. With a primary weapon, secondary weapon, and maybe like grenades or a health pack. so technically just making your own character. you can get more options of weapons the better you do. But you don’t loose weapons if you are doing worse. This would probably make a lot of money cause people would want to buy it. so, win win!

5. Pitters says:

So yeah better start building my starwars battlefront rig lol

6. EA better not make DICE rush this game’s release. They should be allowed to take the time necessary to make it good and functional. And the Clone Wars era needs to be included. That’s been a fundamental aspect of Battlefront since the first game was released. I love both eras, but the Clone Wars offers more variety. DICE, please don’t take out the Clone Wars!

7. Bowden says:

I still have 1 and 2 for my ps2 and I still have the system hoppfully it comes out for ps3

8. Eyon Esufh says:

I’ve been waiting for this for so long! This game is definitely getting pre-ordered when ready! Loved the first 2 games.

9. s0ngoku33 says:

Maybe we will get to see a bit more at some more conventions this year. That clip was good enough for me especially after the long wait we’ve been through. Just to know that there is progress is good enough for me!

10. Lunar_mando says:

Hopefully we’ll see the clone wars as DLC – If it isnt added to the vanilla content ofc. That would still be better than nothing…

11. Hayabusa says:

It’s about time we got some PROPER insight on Battlefront 3! For me, the main re-desires are AATs, full command from any seat in a vehicle (get in, get out, hold steady, move out) and vehicle weapons which actually kill baddies in one hit as they did in Battlefront 1. I just want BF3!

12. Lazarus says:

This might comfort some of you but battlefront is being developed by the Stockholm DICE, not the LA DICE. The LA DICE made the broken battlefield 3 and 4. I’m not saying that these were bad but… the Stockholm DICE made the bad company games which were amazing. So I believe that battlefront 3 will be amazing.

• drd7of14 says:

Seriously? Wow, checked that out. Nice. That makes me feel a lot better about 2015. Not that it didn’t already look quite hopeful.

• someone says:

+Lazarus , actually “DICE SH” made BF3 and the broken (as people whining about) BF4, and DICE LA is currently fixing BF4 and there are doing a great job and the game is almost fixed …

13. jv says:

finally.

14. jmupyhat3 says:

are we going to see another trailer somewhere down the line say dec 2014 maybe?

15. Samuel says:

As Sean said, on the trailer it says “in-engine” so I don’t really think the final product will look this good. However, it’s probably safe to say that it’ll at least look as good as BF4, probably even better. And just the thought of a Battlefront with BF4 graphics is enough for me to drool!

What really got my hopes up is that they seemed to view Battlefront as a game worth taking the time to do perfectly, and not just as another shooter. Let’s hope EA lets them keep this attitude!

• Joshington says:

Samuel, I’m a little confused; if a cutscene is rendered in-engine, isn’t it essentially using the same software, in real time, that live gameplay uses to render the graphics in real time? My understanding is that this technique gives it the same graphical appearance as gameplay, differing from full motion cg cutscenes which are graphically crisp in comparison. At least that’s what I could get from here:

• Fraser says:

Josh, your kind of right but you have to take in to consideration what it is actually possible for the graphics processor to render on the fly! It’s possible to make an amazing cut scene using the game engine and then let it take a few hours to render (then show that scene at E3), but when your actually playing the game, it needs to be rendered at (ideally) 60+ frames per second. I still think the game is going to look amazing though so no worries :S

16. Jesse says:

This game might beat the sh*t out of GTA V and Watch_Dogs.

17. Garrett says:

To be fair, I’m pretty sure the whole Battlefield 4 fiasco and the time they spent fixing that game put Battlefront on the backburner for a little bit. I think they wanted to show more, but at this time, that’s about all they have, because they’re behind where they wanted to be.

18. bob says:

saw this at e3. can’t wait.

19. Lunar_mando says:

Yep, i can honestly say i agree with the OP – glad to see SOMETHING, but kinda wanted more ^^ ‘Little worried they may not add the clone wars later on too…

Also on a side note, does anyone else think those stormtrooper helmets look a bit…ugh. i know its only early dev, but i hope they make the mouthpiece less chunky xD

20. Raharu says:

The graphics are look extremely hopeful! I love hearing about the developer’s devotion. Now, just don’t f*ck up the gameplay and God help you, DICE, if I can’t seamlessly fly from a planet’s surface into low planet orbit or space.

21. James says:

I just want it out already. Sadly we may not get to play it till around 2016 or even 2017.

22. Tyler says:

I honestly thought the trailer they gave us was pretty cool. Yeah, I would’ve liked to see more gameplay footage, but they’re still a ways off from having the thing ready. And given that all we got last year was a small teaser trailer, I’d say this is a nice step up in terms of seeing what we’ll be getting come next year.

I’m also glad that the team at Dice is putting so much effort into making a truly remarkable Star Wars game for all the fans, so I think that no matter how painful it is to get so little information right now, it’ll all be worth it when we can actually pop the game into our consoles and experience it for ourselves.

23. Sean says:

Rendered in-engine. So it’s not necessarily gonna look anything like that in the actual gameplay, might as well just be showing off how the cutscenes will look.