Star Wars: Battlefront Slated for Summer of 2015

By Nitro On 31 Jul, 2013 At 06:55 PM | Categorized As Featured, News | With 2 Comments

Good evening fellow Battlefrontians. It looks like we are getting a hint of when Star Wars: Battlefront will be getting released. According to an EA stockholders call todat, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen has stated the following:

We have partnered with Walt Disney and LucasFilm to develop a whole new generation of Star Wars games for the console as well as for mobile and handheld devices,” said EA CFO Blake Jorgensen. “The first game that we’re focused on is Battlefront. It’s a traditional game that’s done extremely well and this will most likely come out around the same time as the Star Wars movies start to come out, probably in the summer of ’15.”

(Source Eurogamer.net)

It looks like Battlefront will be the first game to released which is awesome! Most of the speculation did seem to suggest that the game would be released around the same time as the new Star Wars movie, looks like we were right for the most part. Hopefully they will start throwing some new information and some screenshots our way soon.

You can listen to the meeting here: EA Meeting (You will have to sign up to listen. Scroll to around 14:48)

Thanks to our forum member SpaceCowboy for the heads up!

1. James says:

They said it’s not gonna be like the old battlefronts. 🙁

2. SWBF3 says:

this game better be good, because if its not(or canceled). I WILL BE F*CKING PISSED.

ps: is it just me or are Valve and EA on the same page? (neither of them can count to 3!)

3. Oliver says:

This game looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Catts says:

New online Galatic Conquest hopefully.

5. drd7of14 says:

So it will be a 10 year gap between these games, excluding of course the well received portable entries, not talking about you DS Elite Squadron, scary. Poor LucasArts…You should have just paid Free Radical the extra budget they needed. Hope DICE does this justice. We’ll know in 2 years, I suppose.

6. Ace says:

I heard things went pretty bad at the D23 Expo, when there’s were no new SW annoucements, my hope is that now knowing the release of SWBF, that we’ll at least, at minimum get a full length cinematic trailer at the VGAs (despite my hatred of Spike’s abuse of the SW movies)

7. Tyler says:

At this point, I don’t really care when it comes out, as long as we get a new Battlefront. I will be glad when they start posting screenshots and more trailers, though. If the E3 conference trailer is anything to go off of, that’s just a small taste of what we’re going to get, and it looks awesome!

I’ve got faith in DICE to produce an incredible game, and hopefully they will meet and exceed all of our expectations.

8. TheK says:

Oh god am I excited for this. Don’t let me down this time EA.

9. ash says:

rather they make it or a long time and make it really really good

10. nathan says:

if the the extra year is used to put more in (i.e maps,gun,ships,) i am ok to wait anthor year plus the xbox one well be cheaper by then but if the game sit a year i well kill ea and dice >:(

11. Evanf says:

If anything happens and this is game is cancelled (like every other time) I will storm Disney’s headquarters. Who’s with me?

12. SWluver says:

I can’t wait, even though it is a couple of years, I cant wait!!

13. Hayabusa says:

We FINALLY hear something we can look forward to! Another 2 years but at least we know it’s coming. The only thing we need to worry about now is how the game will turn out. They claim it’ll be “a traditional game” and will be “extremely well” so, we must see if the new Battlefront can live up to the traditional Battlefront concepts and be an extremely well put together game, which, more specifically 1, and 2 were.

14. jumpyhat3 says:

Jania solo is said to be the hero of ep VII what do you guys think?

15. jumpyhat3 says:

summer of 2015 is the year I graduate from high school now how crazy is that.

16. Cole says:

I guess it is not going to be coming out on xbox 360 which sucks. I hope Microsoft will not make any money on xbox one and they will make the xbox live for the 360 longer.

• You realize that EA are supporting current generation consoles until 2017 right. Every single game that they announced at e3 will be on xbox 360 or ps3.

• ggctuk says:

So why then have they only announced it for PS4 and XBox One?

• Joe says:

isnt BF4 going to be for PS4 and XBONE? and isnt frostbite 3, being used on battlefront, designed for PS4 and XBONE?

• Implied says:

“Supporting” & “developing for” are two different things. SWBF2 was up on the X360 for years before they shut down the Servers, even though people kept playing. They won’t be able to develop XOne & PS4 Games for the X360 & PS3 in 2015+, the tech will just be too outdated, it’ll hold Developers back way too much. Frostbite 2 could barely run on the X360, I’m surprised Frostbite 3 can even manage it. You think Frostbite 4 will? Hell no.

The current-gen Consoles are already stretched to the limit, they can’t make them run below 30 FPS, 702p (BF3). While we’ll see Cross-Gen Games until around 2014-2015, don’t expect to see them as “standard” beyond 2015. Most likely EA & Co. will support whatever they’ve launched in/around 2015 for current-gen until 2017, while Microsoft & Sony shut down Servers for the older Games. Doesn’t specifically mean they’ll be launching PS3/X360 Games in 2017.

We’re talking about EA here the company who’s leading the “stop people from playing old games in order to have them buy the new game every year” campaign, not Valve, who still supports their games 5+ years after launch.

17. Seb says:

Can’t wait!

18. SpaceCowboy says:

It was me to post the link, not Lobot 😉

19. Raztaz says:

Console, Mobile, Handheld.
    But what about pc?

I hope its just that battlefront is pc and the rest is just junk they arent going bother pc users with.

20. Honestly I’m glad its going to wait. Taking time is very important if this game is going to be good.