Star Wars: Battlefront – What We Know So Far

By Nitro On 11 Jun, 2013 At 06:38 AM | Categorized As Featured, News | With 2 Comments

Well my Battlefrontians, I am still in shock that after so long, we finally got our day. It is definitely a day to celebrate!!! Mind you, there are still a lot of mixed feelings out there about what direction EA will lean towards when developing our new Battlefront. I think that people are generally very excited and happy that we are getting some kind of new Battlefront and even though this is technically a reboot, I am still going to call this “Battlefront 3”.

So here’s what we know so far (which isn’t very much).

– Developed by DICE
– it will utilize the Frostbite 3 engine
– Frostbite 3 is engineered toward next-gen consoles

EA’s official statement:

In 2004, the original Star Wars Battlefront came onto the scene and took gamers – and Star Wars fans – by surprise. It was an ambitious action shooter that gave players the opportunity to step into the shoes of their favorite Star Wars characters, pilot quintessential Star Wars vehicles, and relive classic Star Wars battles.

Fast forward nearly 10 years and gamers still have many of those same Star Wars gaming fantasies – but now they wish to experience those larger-than-life battles in magnificent high definition, with all of the amazing special effects, vehicle physics and gameplay intensity that the next-generation has to offer. Star Wars Battlefront, developed by DICE on Frostbite 3, will surprise and delight fans yet again with a new experience inside this beloved universe made with our signature DICE craftsmanship and commitment to excellence.

Entry from the official Star Wars Blog:

Combining stunning visuals, incisive gameplay, and smart level design, the Star Wars: Battlefront video games took fans into the Star Wars universe in previously unexplored ways. The series beautifully showcased Star Wars locales, featured intense ground-battle action, and allowed gamers to fight for the Empire, the Republic, the Rebellion, and other factions. They were not just great Star Wars games; they were great video games in their own right. And we are thrilled to confirm that the series will continue.

In their pre-E3 press conference today, Electronic Arts Inc. announced the production of a new entry in the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, currently titled Star Wars: Battlefront. It is being developed by DICE, creators of the critically-acclaimed Battlefield games, and will utilize the Frostbite 3 engine. As one of the world’s premier video game developers, DICE has the talent and expertise to deliver a Star Wars experience like no other, while pushing the boundaries of what is capable in a video game. The Star Wars: Battlefront series, which we know means so much to fans and gamers, is in good hands.

This is the first official game announced under the new multi-year, multi-title licensing agreement between EA, Lucasfilm Ltd., and Disney Interactive, and will kick off a new era for Star Wars video games. Platform and release information will be revealed at a later date. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for more on the next installment in the Star Wars: Battlefront series. In the meantime, enjoy the teaser video below, and prepare for battle…

What does this mean for Battlefront3.net? Great things of course! News and rumors as always, but we will see contests, walkthroughs, videos, user content, server hosted games (for pc?), clans, you name it! We are definitely not be going anywhere anytime soon! Yesterday when it was announced, the site went down for a few hours due to the overwhelming amount of traffic.

So stay tuned for more information on the Star Wars: Battlefront!!!! Sweet!

I would love to hear some wishlist ideas on what you’d like to see for the new game, either in the comments here or in our Forums.

1. Noah says:

Please, I’m begging you! Make sure it’s on PS3!!! I just recently got my PS3 mostly so could play SWB3! And I’m sure a lot of gamer’s still have ps3 over ps4 because of the expenses. Please make it on PS3!!!

2. Pad says:

I hope ea don’t rush dice into the release of this game like they do with every game

3. Duane says:

I just hope that it will be for the xbox 360 because even though i would be willing to get a new console i don’t want to get one.

4. madmax108 says:

It better have offline split screen with bots. Thats what made the first 2 great. the bots were hard on offense and defense. If its online only like some battlefield 3 bull crap im not buying it. leave online for battlefield and call of duty. dont ruin this DICE

5. TheD says:

Me want lightsaber duels 🙂

6. I don’t think this will be exclusive to one console or anything- but if it is I would totally buy that console. Like if they announce that it will only release in xbone, and I own a ps4- and I couldn’t afford the xbone: I’d sell my ps4 for this game. All I can say is they better not screw it up!

7. MyName says:

Role playing game, please.

8. […] the trailer did not reveal much beyond the fact that Battlefront III exists. Official statements have confirmed that it will be a next-gen game, running on the Frostbite 3 engine and its […]

9. sacoach says:

Jedi and Bounty Hunters never bothered me. In fact, when I hosted 32 player rooms, we hunted them down and killed them. Against the best thing about BF2 was the customization. You could turn heroes off, or have them spawn only once like we did. When you play a 450 troop count, they don’t impact the battle that much. About the only improvement on customization we always wanted was turning vehicles on and off. Again you learn how to deal with them and blow them up on the norm, but nothing was more annoying than being in a 2 minute one on one battle with another player and some tank comes over kills you both. Of course, that just made us target them for revenge over and over lol. God I miss playing online.

10. Itoyoso says:

I hope the new game includes a nice multiplayer where you can battle your friend in a “Galactic Conquest” or something like that.
    Also I hope more different difficulties of the bots, because both of the difficulties of SWBFII were too easy:)

I’m very excited about this

11. Shawner says:

maybe I said my last comment wrong. I want them to add in more factions but I want them to focus on the clone wars and the galactic civil war. like the story, I want it to be long and about the clone wars and the galactic civil war.

12. Timothy Lugo says:

Yeah I basically just want an upgraded BF2
    Same gameplay but with the addition to melee and obviously better graphics and new maps. and ground to space

13. Ed says:

I do agree with that space to ground combat but please do not make this a Renegade or Elite Squadron type of game. Also concentrate too on making close quarters combat; like hit enemies with the stock butt of your rifle or wrist blades if you are a bounty hunter or a Republic or a Storm Commando. Improve AI and the way combat goes and add destruction like toppling down buildings and structures with bombing runs or orbital bombardment. Bring missions like infiltration and sabotage and make Yavin, Hoth and Endor feel like the movies depending on the faction you are playing with.

14. Ed says:

Another thing they need to do on the new Battlefront is cockpit view for land and air/space vehicles. This will make combat feel like more intense as you have to rely on radar or the map to see your way around as well as looking for sneaky enemies that want to take down your vehicle from vulnerable places.

15. Salsander says:

Honestly I would prefer there being no Jedi Knights. Like an earlier comment said, Battlefront was about the war experienced by the everyday soldiers, and I get a little tired of Star Wars attention being entirely focused on the Jedi Knights. Additionaly they could become too overpowered, so balance would be much appreciated.
    My second concern is single player. This is sort of a mixed bag. I actually wouldn’t mind there being a campaign mode as long as it was focused on the soldier (like Halo 3 ODST), however it can’t be too linear, yet it can’t be too much like the multiplayer like previous battlefront games were. If you can find a good mix, then go ahead and make the campaign mode, but I’d generally avoid it. Keep the Galatic Conquest and quick play though, and make sure the AI is real smart.

• Ed says:

You are absolutely right. Bringing Jedi or Sith characters to a battle is very overpowered and sometimes bad ’cause everybody’s attention will be drawn on taking down an specific target that can take down and entire squad with a couple slashes for a lightsaber. They need to keep and improve Galactic Conquest and definitely Instant Action with the new features and more competitive AI if playing offline. Another thing too; do not make a title like Battlefront being just like a KOTOR. That’s the game they can keep Sith and Jedi and do their battle.

16. My Wishlist:
    1.Dual Front Battles(ground to space)
    2.More choices for Instant Action(cross era wars)
    3.Customizable Soldier type
    4.Graphical Upgrade
    5.Battlefield type online.
    6.Long and Interesting story
    7.1st and 3rd Person Camera
    8.32 vs. 32 online play.
    9.Better Balance on the field
    10.Same style of the original first 2
    THATS ALL FOULKS!!!

• Ed says:

Your wish list is very good and it summarizes everything we all comment and talk about. Don’t forget a more insight story of the 501st like Battlefront 2 as well as other factions storyline for Campaign.

17. f4r7tz says:

Like most on here I was involved in the original SWBF2 and kept going on there until our community (SotG) suffered from a lack of SWBF3 progress. Now with this back we’ll certainly be preparing for the new game and look forward to see the format of it!

18. Misael says:

Don’t worry, folks, PC is always there if all else fails.

19. sacoach says:

Excited and nervous. There is an appropriate template for Battlefront, whether they call it III or not. It’s called Battlefront II. I want the same gameplay and options, not some Battlefield 4 Star Wars port. Same maps + more, same modes + more, same characters + more, 3rd/1st person choosable option, hosting a 32 player room, not a stupid lobby, ect.

BFII was completely customizable when building a room and I don’t want to loose that.

EA tweeted “We’re excited to bring our vision to Battlefront” and that’s the part that makes nervous. With that said, even if its totally revamped, it’s better than waiting around another 8 years and going without. So I’ll take.

And I agree with above, will go 360 if available. But seriously doubt they will make it for consoles less than ONE, PS4, and PC. So I’ll cross that bridge when the time comes.

20. This 30 second clip got more applause than any other game shown at all of e3 2013 (Maybe Mirrors Edge beat battlefront).

21. Mnmn1234 says:

Ok my list..

1 More factions

2 Space To ground Maps!

3 Even Better galactic conquest

4 Bigger Severs!

And last but not least

More Heroes! and eras!

22. DerekF says:

The only problem I have is that with the game being made by DICE, that probably means that there won’t be any kind of offline bot-mode. If that’s the case, the online aspect will die off pretty quickly thanks to crappy games like CoD

23. Joe says:

I am SO GLAD that Dice is behind this. It’s being developed with the Frostbite 3 engine, which is a dream come true for me. Battlefront 1 and 2 were great games, don’t get me wrong, but you could tell they were low budget games. Now we’ll finally see Battlefront done by a large studio with a large budget backing it… not to mention Dice, the best large-scale FPS developer in the world, creators of the award winning Battlefield series.. Finally we’ll see Battlefront at it’s full potential.

Some people worry that the game will stray from the old mechanics. I welcome a change of pace. The old formula wouldn’t work today. The Battlefront games are starting to show their age. I personally want a more serious, gritty, and competitive Battlefront.

Anyway, I think the cancellation of BF3 from Crytek and all these other attempts was a blessing in disguise, because this would have never happened. Finally, we are getting what we have been waiting for all this time.

• Ed says:

Absolutely true man. The only thing that DICE needs to do is just what you said about better game play, story line and more competitive AI of playing offline. Online play is an entirely different story though. I saw some comment about bringing other titles back to life like Rogue Squadron but I hope DICE Battlefront is not nothing like a game we already played and need to stay where it is now; like a memory and nothing else but not on Battlefront.

24. Personally I wouldn’t mind if the action had battlefeild influence actually I would be happy, but I want to play with some old republic troopers and I would absolutely love to have a giant battle of sith and and Jedi
    Also some custom action would also be nice in armor abilities and just everything

25. My wish list

First off I want EA come out with bigger and better version of every map that was in Battlefront 1 and 2. Then I want EA to expand the Battlefront Universe by adding planets, such as Taris, Korriban, Mannan, and other planets from KOTOR and the star wars universe. Speaking of planets, I want EA to make it possible so that more than just 1 map represents a planet. Have multiple maps for each planet. I also want EA to expand the characters that are a viable in the new Battlefront. EA should include characters: Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Carth, Bastila, Zelbar, any other characters from KOTOR that I haven’t mentioned, and the whole Jedi council.
    I want EA to make customizable classes. I also want be able create my own character in which I can fight in any battle instead of the having to chose the solider classes as an option. I want EA to make Republic Commandoes a unit in the game. I want EA to bring in factions like the Sith Empire and the Mandalorians. I want EA to allow all factions to fight each other on any map, Republic Clones vs. Empire Storm troopers, Rebels vs. Trade Federation. I wants EA to allow me explore and fight on the insides of vehicles and starships, such ad the falcon and AT-TE. And finally I want EA give me option between third person and first person shooter. All Battlefront games where meant to be played in the third person.

• I meant to say C_L_A_S_S not cles. Battlefront3.net will not allow me to spell a word that has A_S_S in it. lol

• Shawner says:

Battlefront 1 and 2 were about the clone wars and the galactic civil war, not kotor time unless it was modded. changing that would ruin the point of the first two which is playing as a common soldier during the two wars, not the old republic wars.

• Shawner you say that Battlefront can only be played in Clone wars and Galactic civil war. Why cant the Old Republic wars or Sith wars be an option? Battlefront is about fighting on different battlefields a_s different factions at different time periods across the star wars universe. That’s the point and template of the Battlefront games. That being said, What difference would it make if EA decided to add another time period like KOTOR to the new Battlefront? It would bring in new factions and new characters which would make things more interesting. It wouldn’t destroy or take away anything. It would just give you more options.

• Ed says:

Leave that stuff to the modding guys for PC; but cool story by the way.

26. Barkleyonline says:

What’s the likelihood of this still having the third person perspective option? From what I’ve seen, the Frostbite engine is more first person-oriented. Unfortunately, I can’t play first person games without getting migraines. I hope they don’t lose the third person option with this reboot.

-B

27. Shawner says:

could someone reply to this please? how much is the PS4 and the xbox one going to cost? ive seen 4 websites that said four different things.

28. Tyler says:

I think it’d be cool if they made it so you could rise through the ranks. Go from a regular foot soldier and over time become an officer; that would make for a pretty cool gaming experience.

29. Gibbbo says:

Please remove the ability to play as heroes. The whole point of the original game was to play as the common soldier. The point of being a different Star Wars game was undermined by this feature which so many demanded. If you don’t agree with me, think that in every Star wars game you play the hero. Why can’t they leave this to the other games like Force unleashed?

30. Jambitboom says:

Like many of you, I’ve been following every new Star Wars video game rumor for the better part of the last 5 years waiting for this day. With the capabilities of next gen consoles now being in play, here’s what I’d like to see:

-3rd person/1st person option, like in BF2
    -space and ground battles
    -Level Editor/Battle editor with a lot of options(I think this will help keep the game relevant and I can see creative use of this kind of system leading to battles from the expanded Star Wars Universe. Maybe throw a character editor in there too)
    -stay in character, AKA remember that you are not battlefield space!

These are some ideas, but at the end of the day I’m just glad that we’re back on track!

31. Kahokamo says:

3rd person is the only thing that I really truly couldn’t live without; but the ground to space battles shown in the old videos, full environment destruction, and 64 person multiplayer would be nice bonuses. I am so excited that this is finally happening!!

32. Implied says:

If they design this the same way they did Battlefield 3, it’ll be a whorable console-ported piece of… Well, you get it. If they learned from that, it might actually be something worth it. As BF4 has yet to even enter Beta, we have no idea.

Meanwhile, pray they don’t do the whole “Xbox One timed exclusives” BS here as well.

33. James Baxter says:

Look all I care about is whether or not it will be for Xbox 360 or its a Playstation 4 for me, because the xbox one(NO FUN) looks like total garbage.

• (SWGO)Kren says:

Finally some good news regarding SWBF3 and what everybody has wanted for sooooo long.

We’ve hosted the online SWBF2 game since it came out and it’s still going strong now, with SWBF3 I am sure the player base will be refreshed and a new era will begin when the game’s released.

Brilliant news!!!

• I hope it’s on PS3. I would hate to buy a new console. The PS4 looks cool, but I don’t want to pay $400 for a new system while I have one that works fine. Plus I don’t like how you have to pay for online play. A few weeks ago there was a report on IGN that said that the EA spokes person said that they would keep making games on this generation until 2017 at the least. So I think Battlefront 3 will be on PS3.

• Puddleglum says:

Dude NarniaKnight, awesome name (big narnia fan myself, the books are amazing, the first 2 movies are good, the third movie is trash and the definition of terrible). I’ll have to buy a new console either way, I’m still playing my PS2. I haven’t upgraded cause I didn’t see the need to if battlefront isn’t going to be on it (well actually the only reason I bought a DS was so that I could play that battlefronts game, what a dissapointment that was). But I dont know if I should get Xbox one (all my friends play Xbox) or PS4 (better console). 1st world problems.

• Hey! A fellow Narnian! I agree. The first two were awesome, but the third movie left a lot to be desired.

If I had to get a new console, I’d get a PS4. The Xbox 1 requires an Internet connection and you can’t play used games. On both consoles you have to pay for online play, but for PS4 online play you need to have a PS+ account which is $5 a month and gives you a lot of benefits and free games. So the PS4 will be a better system.

• Jason says:

Trust me, get the PS4 if you can. Playing Battlefront III on the PS3 will strain it. Battlefield 3 on the 360s and PS3s is bad enough.

• Moodz says:

The xbox one can do everything the playstation can with performance…and the reason you pay 100 more is because it has kinect

so if you are saying that it is garbage, you are not talking about its gaming performance

• Tr33Grass says:

Really? Here, of all places, you choose to complain?

I don’t care what console you get, but seriously it’s like a damn religion. “SONY IS THE BETTER CONSOLE!” “NO ONE IS THE ONE TRUE CONSOLE!”

Shut up.
      If you’re gonna whine about a company’s decisions, go whine TO THEM. Maybe go to a blog somewhere.

But there will be no whining here. Leave that somewhere else. I want a friendly, no community. If you can’t respect that, get out. Whining is not for this website.

On the bright side,
      I am freakin’ excited for EA’s Battlefront. This is gonna be one heck of a series. Cheers, Star Wars mates! 🙂

• James Pung says:

Ya I hope its for somthing like PC I am a PC gamer

• nick says:

will it be on PS3 or the new gen

34. Ncrouch says:

Well this is exciting!!! Below is my “wishlist”

3rd person. I hope they don’t try to make this into battlefield. It needs to be mainly 3rd person with a few fps elements like zoom and prone positioning

Jedi playability. Like what they had in battlefront 2. I really enjoyed being able to pwn with a lightsaber for a couple mins!

Good graphics. Uhhh duh. Nuf said.

Not too graphic. I really hope it isn’t blood flying everywhere that would detract from the overall Star Wars experience

Rated t. This isn’t going to be too popular I know but let me explain… Star Wars has always been accessible to everyone no matter they’re age I think it’s perfectly possible to make great game while maintaining good graphics and strong action sequences. I think it would go against the Star Wars tradition to have it rated as “m”

35. jumpyhat3 says:

nitro….thanks for never giving up on any of us because with patience comes reward.I guess the reason Lucas never wanted to get battlefront out the door was for the amount of money lost after 2005 because after that all went down hill for the most part(excluding the force unleashed)which is why they somehow knew that Disney would make the right choice in giving the key to EA.

36. jumpyhat3 says:

8 years 8 years is what it took for us to get these relieving words by the company behind battlefield, all I can say is,is George you better be licking your wounds you absolute psychopath>:-)glad he’s retired or else we would still be in living hell right now if you think about it. Dice make us proud and we know you will so make a dream………come true!

• I know. 8 years has been forever, I think they announced battlefront 3 in like 2009 but it was lost in developmental hell. My step-mom says that I almost jumped out of my seat when the teaser came on. But yeah, when I saw that teaser, I nerded all over the floor. I needed a mop, and some Lysol.

37. Scott says:

I’m still in shock.

38. Consoles? Are you guys sereously? PC only!

• Ed says:

Well; you got to be more open minded buddy. I won’t deny that some games on PC are good ’cause you can mod them and make good side-stories from. I’m not a mod guy but I’ve played those mods from Empire at War and they are amazing but it comes with setbacks. Sometimes people forget or can’t place files in the right places and it causes bugs and crashes. Might as well come for consoles and PC; of course.

• Are you serious? Nobody wants to mess the FPS and Graphics card just to play a game. Just put it the console and play it. Besides, it would decrease sales for EA.

39. Shawner says:

I finally got used to the xbox controller. now I need to get used to the playstation controller again when I get the playstation 4. why controllers? why are you such a pain?

• jumpyhat3 says:

I’ll admit that Microsoft really screwed it up. I’ve been a long time Xbox owner and to here what Sony is offering compared to Microsoft is really no comparison in terms of internet usage and the fact that the Xbox one has you reconnect every 24 hours is bullshit and offline play is only an hour long that is just screaming we want you to turn to Sony.

• Implied says:

I don’t think Microsoft knew what Sony was planning at all, otherwise they’d never have (never mind shooting themselves in it,) blown their entire foot off with that stuff. They’ll probably end up retracting at some point before launch now, it’s the only way they’ll stay competitive outside of the die-hard Halo, Gear of Wars, & generally just Xbox One-exclusive IP fans. Oh, right. Die-hard CoD Fans too.

As it stands, I always preferred PS to Xbox anyway, the whole subscription thing in the 360 was just F/U. Was expecting some 600-800$ price tag, lol. Instead PS4 is half of that…. Now I’m tempted 🙁

• jumpyhat3 says:

I agree with what your saying and to mention that m$ is digging a deeper hole with no internet get a 360 is just really itching me to get a PS4 overall.The more I think about Microsofts position the more I think about the one console that got DESTROYED by the PS2…..the Dreamcast.

• I’m for the PS4 100% of the way (Microsoft screwed themselves over on this one) BUT I will end up getting the damned thing just for Halo. Yes, I’m a halo nerd, yes I’m proud of it (not so proud anymore just because I need to get a damn $500 console just to play it) but everything else will be PS4. I have to have my Halo love though.

40. Garlien says:

It’s been a good ride, everyone… We’ll have to wait until Battlefront 4 for this place to be a place of rumors again. I’m really excited!

41. GONE EVIL says:

Great… now only to make a console-choice.

• darthobiwan says:

PS4. It’s pretty clear that that will be the better system.

• Implied says:

What choice? Extra 100 up front for daily DRM torture, or 100 less but a yearly 50$ subscription (online play) for spending the next 6-7 years without DRM Torture? Bah. No choice at all 😛

• Justin says:

There are only two choices, the dumb “I’m playing this because it has Halo and my parents are paying for EVERYTHING on it (the $100 extra, the $50 a year subscription, the required online connectivity every 24 hours+relog every hour, only to have an INFERIOR PERFORMANCE (seriously, look up the internal specs, doesn’t even come close)” Xbox One, or the logical choice, PS4.
      I didn’t think about it before, but some people mentioned it earlier, this is just a repeat of the Dreamcast; Xbox One will get utterly destroyed. And there are some diehards out there that will deny it. But that’s all it is: denial.
      PS4lyf

• Implied says:

They’ve already started retracting. Look up “Microsoft “clarifies” what they mean by Used Games Restrictions.” In other words, the Board had a heart attack & now someone’s getting yelled at to change things by “clarifying.” Yeah, right. Like anyone’s buying that.

42. I was worried that it might be Xbox One exclusive….but that seems a little less likely now. As long as they keep the feel of the originals and have third person, DICE, go crazy.

• Byrnvif says:

I highly doubt it will be a one exclusive, if it was, a lot of people would be pissed, and I don’t think EA is willing to run that risk. Also I agree with you on the original feel being required, and even though I prefer first person, third person is required, or again they will piss a lot of people off. I’m also going to say that there will need to be ease of modding on the PC, like in Battlefront 2, and not too much dlc on consoles, we all know the level of dlc EA does, I’d much rather they put all the planned maps in from the start and maybe one or two dlc packs at most. The other thing they should do is add little things like first person vehicle combat, more eras, I don’t think two is enough when there is so much more in the Star Wars universe, especially with the new movies coming out, and most importantly a space and ground all in one map option on all maps.

• Agent Utah says:

Agreed. And i am fairly confident that they will have space/ground all in one maps because that is what they had planned when battlefront 3 was first announced.

• Ed says:

As I said before; modding come with the good stuff and the bad one too. I have the modded Battlefront 2 and both Empire at War and Forces of Corruption and they are amazing but it has some bugs and it crashes sometimes. For the consoles; DLC is very good and it adds more characters, maps, soldier classes, vehicles and weapons that we cannot miss. On the computer you can mod it and make good too but let it be more DLC and make the gaming experience like no other.

• Val Dagher says:

Unfortunately, i know that their wont be mods because of the policies dice have been taking with it…

They say its because frosbite engine is “to advanced” but what about the cryengine? Its probably just as advanced and mod tools are released for it…

No, Dice is an EA company, ea loves control of their content and mods losens a lot of that control.

However, I AM still stoked for this announcement, Battlefield is a great game, battlefield 4 looks great as well with integration with tablets, and other mobile devices.

I Cannot wait to hop in my a-wing 🙂

• couldent agree more chainsawgrizzly hope DICE makes this their master piece while remaining true to the star wars core.

• Implied says:

Exclusivity causes IPs to lose too much sales, at best they’d make a timed-exclusive thing like they did with BF4.

Mods however, I wouldn’t hold my breath for. EA has destroyed Modding in BF since they introduced the Frostbite Engines, & now they’re spreading that to Dragon Age & Mass Effect as well. They hate letting Players expand a Game’s Lifespan for years on end using Player-made Content.

However, I am indeed expecting some Old Republic Maps as well. EA does technically own the KO/TOR Development Studios as well, so there shouldn’t be a problem there. They can’t expect to get away with Hoth & the other Classics for all of eternity. (Not that we don’t all love Hoth, but seriously, we’ve seen like, what? 20 different versions so far?)