Updates and Star Wars: First Assault?
Hi Battlefrontians! As many of you know, I have just moved into a new house and am currently still without internet. Hopefully, we should be hooked up by October 1st, so you can expect more updates then! I want to thank everybody for their emails! There have been an overwhelming amount of emails in regards to Star Wars: First Assault.
First off, I want to share the Who Else Wants Star Wars Battlefront III campaign on Facebook. This is becoming a pretty big deal and now has over 8,900 likes! So show your Battlefront 3 support, let LucasArts know that we want this bad!! Now get out there and give it the old thumbs up!
Now lets talk Star Wars: First Assault. (Big thanks to Omar for the email):
LA registered First Assault domains and trademark related to a video-game. Considering the array of products from pencil sharpeners to comic books I think it`s something big. Perhaps bigger than 1313.
I was looking around some Linked In profiles from Lucasarts employees and found this on Ben Retan’s page, a systems designer:
Current Title: Unannounced
• Player locomotion and weapons SCRUM pod leader
• Balancing weapon range, damage, functionality
• Setting move speed and determining navigation metrics
• Tuning controls for aim assistance on console controllers
• Setting up and maintaining animation tree
• Collaborating extensively with animators to ensure all animations and blending looks correct for both first and third person
Star Wars: 1313
• Worked to develop camera, cover and locomotion systems
• Rapidly iterated on early gameplay prototypes
• Part of team during concepting and prototyping phases
I believe that Star Wars First Assault is the second game in development at Lucasarts besides 1313. If it’s the FPS and it will have 3rd person view then this might be a game like Battlefront or Jedi Knight!
A lucasarts employee supposedly commented on Kotaku that they’re working on 2 games right now, Star Wars 1313 and a battlefront-type game which I think is First Assault.
I would definitely say that this is the second game in development as well and it would be super sweet if it was a Battlefront like game.. even a Jedi Knight type game would be awesome. Star Wars: 1313 looks interesting but I’m not quite to the point where I am actually excited about it.
In other news, which I am sure everyone is aware of now LucasArts president Paul Meegan has stepped down. You can read about it here.
Lets hear your thoughts on Star Wars: First Assault! and keep on sending in emails! I love it! -> email@example.com