Updates and Star Wars: First Assault?

By Nitro On 25 Sep, 2012 At 07:30 AM | Categorized As Featured, News | With 2 Comments

Hi Battlefrontians! As many of you know, I have just moved into a new house and am currently still without internet. Hopefully, we should be hooked up by October 1st, so you can expect more updates then! I want to thank everybody for their emails! There have been an overwhelming amount of emails in regards to Star Wars: First Assault.

First off, I want to share the Who Else Wants Star Wars Battlefront III campaign on Facebook. This is becoming a pretty big deal and now has over 8,900 likes! So show your Battlefront 3 support, let LucasArts know that we want this bad!! Now get out there and give it the old thumbs up!

Who Else Wants Star Wars Battlefront III Campaign

Now lets talk Star Wars: First Assault. (Big thanks to Omar for the email):

LA registered First Assault domains and trademark related to a video-game. Considering the array of products from pencil sharpeners to comic books I think it`s something big. Perhaps bigger than 1313.

Fusible.com – Star Wars Trademarks

I was looking around some Linked In profiles from Lucasarts employees and found this on Ben Retan’s page, a systems designer:

Current Title: Unannounced
• Player locomotion and weapons SCRUM pod leader
• Balancing weapon range, damage, functionality
• Setting move speed and determining navigation metrics
• Tuning controls for aim assistance on console controllers
• Setting up and maintaining animation tree
• Collaborating extensively with animators to ensure all animations and blending looks correct for both first and third person

Star Wars: 1313
• Worked to develop camera, cover and locomotion systems
• Rapidly iterated on early gameplay prototypes
• Part of team during concepting and prototyping phases

I believe that Star Wars First Assault is the second game in development at Lucasarts besides 1313. If it’s the FPS and it will have 3rd person view then this might be a game like Battlefront or Jedi Knight!

A lucasarts employee supposedly commented on Kotaku that they’re working on 2 games right now, Star Wars 1313 and a battlefront-type game which I think is First Assault.

I would definitely say that this is the second game in development as well and it would be super sweet if it was a Battlefront like game.. even a Jedi Knight type game would be awesome. Star Wars: 1313 looks interesting but I’m not quite to the point where I am actually excited about it.

In other news, which I am sure everyone is aware of now LucasArts president Paul Meegan has stepped down. You can read about it here.

Lets hear your thoughts on Star Wars: First Assault! and keep on sending in emails! I love it! -> admin@battlefront3.net

1. conner says:

this game will be a game but the one heading to xbla will be like a demo for it it will still come out because of disney

2. Byrnvif says:

My idea is that it this game is an attempt to reboot the bf series and this game is a sucess then lucas arts will realize the the bf series can be rebooted they will come out of their comfort zon make an awsome game make money then make more battlefront games makes total sence

3. Garlien says:

I’m really happy to see anything like this come from LA, and I hope it is in the “big battle” gamestyle as the SWBF series was. However, this game may be more closely related than we think. Even though it is not literally called “Battlefront,” I think it may be related considering the similarities in the description. Even so, they might have dropped the Battlefront part because they have new game developers.

4. Austin says:

Hey guys! I think this is a good sign then! I heard the president was the reason that battlefront 3 development stopped. Also it may have been the reason why they got a little on the greedy side.

However, in light of this lets support LucasArts right now and tell them what WE want. They might just listen, because if a new president of a gaming company saw this, they would be impressed and would probably attempt to remake it.

First Assault looks nice if they can pull it off and not half it.

5. OmarNg7X says:

This has me very excited again. SW 1313 seems to show that LA is back on track. Yes, I know we have been disappointed numerous times before but why not cross our fingers everytime LA has something cooking? This might actually be what we are looking for and even better. PLEASE Lucasarts, you are our only hope!!

BTW, thanks for the credit Nitro!!

6. Kal Skirata says:

This is the first good news in a very long time! Hope it comes to Wii U!

▲
    ▲ ▲

7. Ricky V says:

interesting, i mean, LucasArts should know with common sense that if BF3 does come out, they would a lot of money out of it.

8. ggctuk says:

Well, the Battlefront series has been bestowed some of the worst luck since post-BFII, so I wouldn’t be surprised if “First Assault” was an attempt at bringing back the Battlefront spirit without the name (which actually appears jinxed right about now). I could definitely agree with a reboot to the series, if it kept to its roots in SP aspects.

9. metallicorphan says:

If it’s Battlefront in all but name then i am fine with that,and then we can still demand a new Battlefront game :p

and who knows,for next gen we may have both and be spoiled for once

10. wookie_fan says:

Like the campaign & also spread the word on rebelscum forums!

11. Benny says:

1 more Like on Facebook for Who Else Wants Star Wars Battlefront .

12. Hammerheadcruiser says:

with all hopefullness, it looks like they are making a spiritual successor. that way (if they are doing that) they would be able to make battlefront 3 but in there own way.
    ps don’t f**k it up or I will be very displeased

13. Redline says:

Like the campain! Let’s stop LucasArts from makin stupid games.

14. DIO says:

1rst AND 3rd Person????!!!! = guns and other stuff extremely similar to BF?
    I believe this is a REBOOT to the series.
    That’s why they didn’t name it SW Battlefront: Assault…

15. BigBenC07 says:

I think this is the closest we are going to get to a Battlefront game for a while. If LucasArts were smart, they would make an HD Collection, but I think (and kind of hope) this will be like Battlefield with Star Wars. If they get the right developers, this game could be just as good as Battlefront. Now the search is on again to the find the developers!!!

16. Wally says:

Yes there is no telling what the heck LucasArts is doing BUT. Even if it’s not under the title battlefront 3 (which it should) I am hoping that it’s the continuation of the battlefront series!