Spark Unlimited & Battlefront 3? VGA’s Tomorrow!

By Nitro On 10 Dec, 2010 At 05:54 PM | Categorized As Featured | With 2 Comments

Well now, there has been some pretty interesting rumors flying around the last few days. According to a lot of people, they are pretty convinced that Spark Unlimited will be the ones that are developing Star Wars: Battlefront 3.

What do I think?

Doubtful.. I am highly skeptical that Spark Unlimited is the developer (although I sincerely hope that I am wrong), a couple people have posted that it’s confirmed that Spark Unlimited is the developer but unfortunately, they don’t provide any proof so we only have their word to go on. I think that the hype of the Video Game Awards is getting the better of a lot of people. Now don’t get me wrong, it is definitely a possibility that Battlefront 3 will announced tomorrow on the VGA’s and it is a possibility that Spark Unlimited is the developer.

Spark Unlimited have posted an “Unannounced”, project claiming it’s a “high-profile, popular game property for a major publishing partner.”

Let’s keep our fingers crossed!

The VGA’s start in less then 2 days! Battlefront3.net will be on the lookout for any information from now until then. Feel free to drop by our forums and jump in on the discussions. I look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts.

1. drizzy drake says:

well anyways the VGA’s did suck the big one this year. Im pretty sure fans all over the world were thing that spike screwed us yet again. But im pretty confident that the spark unlimited idea is BF3. AND YES WE DID POST ABOUT IT A LONG TIME AGO. so i was like wtf when i saw it. but to tell you the truth HASNT THAT BEEN UP FOR A WHILE……????? so the months thing that is displayed could be closer than you expect….cause i think it said the same thing on the first post which was………http://www.battlefront3.net/2010/07/spark-unlimited-secret-game-battlefront-3/ about 5 months ago..hmmm interesting?

2. Shortandpoor says:

Sooo….if we want it so bad, why don’t we all just email lucus arts or whatever. I bet if enough people did it they would notice? I donno just an idea.

3. Zeta 25 says:

O.K. Another dissapointment/complete failure by L.A.

So, PLEASE everyone stop saying “Omg, it didn’t come out” I’M SAD TOO. But seriosly, all we can do is wait, AND talk about the other thing on this post, Spark Unlimted.

So, I’m not really sure, but I think it’s highly possible…

I’m leaning towards it about 60%…

I want some proof or insights… not to sound rude… but I want someone to convince me either way, so… Comment.

4. richie says:

wow what a disappointment….looks like we gotta wait till e3 in the summer

5. It didn't happen says:

There’s always PAX 2011

6. Colonial Rebel says:

I went to the sparks unlimited website and it said it is for a hi profile sic fi group aka star wars and it will have multiplayer as 1st and/or 3rd person shooter. But they would not announce it until a few months more! I am the most disappointed person of all of you and I nearly cried and said bad words ( not to bad )

7. Revan Shan says:

At least we’ve got the Elder Scrolls V… It was about time.

8. Guiga_MD says:

Well…lets have good thoughs…the year has no end yet…so lets hope that the game will be announced soon or in the beginning of 2011…lets hop….Holy Crap man…wtf is our BF3?? God dammit!!!

9. Redline says:

NO SW-BF3 =(

10. Kowagaru says:

Has anybody here actually looked at the Spark Unlimited website and their unannounced project? There are lots of key words that stand out that say this may be our SWBFIII. Let me pull some quotes for job descriptions

Senior Character Artist

Spark is looking for a senior character artist to create first-in class content for a “3rd Person Action/Adventure title in a high-profile science fiction franchise” currently in development for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC markets. As an experienced senior character artist, you will work together with the character and animation groups to create the best looking “creature, human and non-organic character models” to life.

That right there says it’s a 3rd person action high profile sci-fi game that includes creatures, humans, and non-organics(droids)

Also for the multiplayer designer you have such:

Senior Multiplayer Designer

Spark is looking for a senior multiplayer designer for a 3rd Person Action/Adventure title in a high-profile science fiction franchise currently in development for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC markets. The Senior Multiplayer Designer will be responsible for collaborating on multiplayer game system development, designing and building levels, and gameplay balancing and tuning for a “third-person action shooter” on next generation consoles.

Shooter, this game is now confirmed to be a shooter.

Desired Skills and Pluses

* Level Design, Weapon Tuning, & Balancing experience in a shipped online shooter (1st or 3rd person), preferably with Unreal 3.

may be first and 3rd person (which battlefront II is)

Just some things to think about and some hope to be restored

11. Danny says:

well we never got it. who would of guessed.

Wow. This years VGA seemed pretty lame to me. With the ultra-notable exception of UNCHARTED 3! My favorite game on the planet just got a sequel!

13. Snaked says:

Face it. Just like Al Jean will never step down as showrunner of The Simpsons, Battlefront 3 will NEVER come out.

14. Snaked says:

Once again, NO ANNOUNCEMENT!

I mean, I wasn’t too excited but I honestly thought that tonight would’ve been the night. Boy was I wrong, as were many of us, no doubt.

That’s why it’s best not to have any hope at all, especially false hope, the worst kind of hope there is.

Unless we throw massive tantrums demanding the game, then we may get it. I mean, sometimes it’s alright to throw them in order to get important things done, especially if the people who are supposed to be doing their work are overall lazy and uncaring bastards who take their sweet time.

15. IronMaidenRocks says:

The VGA’s (at least to me) were such a dissapointment
    and I watched them for one sole reason, to see if SWBFIII was going
    to be announced but NOOO! George Lucas seriously does not want to
    release the potentially best game ever! I’m so pissed right now that it’s
    not even funny.

• well technically while george owns the franchise the president of lucasarts is the 1 making these shortsited decisions. If george knew actually…. He may be pretty pissed that that dumbass hasnt made a game with such a large fan base already and would certainly gross quite a large ammount of of cash. But the one thing that always keeps me going is the fact that lucas arts wont just say “star wars battlefront 3 is not being made and may not be made for some time at this point if at all.” now while i dont believe lucas arts is really that lazy what i do believe is there is no other reasoning behind that besides….. Its in production. Also this spark unlimited thing gives me a bit of hope.

16. Billy says:

I don’t think it came up at spike.

17. Just watched the VGAs, still no SWBF III. Spark Unlimited announced another game, forgot what its called, though. There’s always next year! 🙁

• Wenis says:

They haven’t announced the game yet. They have just announced they are working on an unnanounced game which we are hoping is SWBF3. Personally Im feeling kinda good about it based on the description of the game and the time frame in which development seemed to have began (around the time SWBF Online from slant six died)

18. Disappointed Fan says:

Well, it was not revealed…..

19. Arrias says:

Looks like we have to wait some more for an announcement. On the bright side The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. ‘Nuff said.

20. Gabriel says:

again,another disappointment…im so sad…….

21. Rob says:

yup another dissappointment lol our game will come soon

22. Usman says:

Ok so we have exactly 31 mins before our dreams are crushed or repaired. I keep seeing world premeires so that’s a good sign

23. Zeta 25 says:

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! MY SISTER IS WATCHING A MOVIE AND I CAN’T WATCH THE VGAS!!!!!!

It’s recording though, but i bet here is where i’ll get info from…

FYI, the movie she’s watching, is Hellboy. Love that movie…

24. WhiteFire37 says:

seriousely hope i get some news about it soon, damn excited! even though im pretty sure it has already been on… i think… im from Aussie so i cant tell time for other conutries… well not properly atleast..

I dont care when it is released, just as long as it is, and within the next 2 years… lifelong swbf fan… i bought bf2… twice!

fingers crossed!
    and guys would u be happy if it were lame… i would, cause atleast there would be a bf3!

25. uriahwright over 9000! says:

DIDNT THEIR ALREADY BE A POST ABOUT THIS SPARK UNL THING AND ANYBODY WHO WANT’S NEW GBA GAMES AND BF3 REPLY

26. Hunter 7100 says:

So far, no good

27. Buggzy BomberX says:

All right this maybe it folks.

28. Rob says:

Todays the day!!! VGA Awards on in 3 hours lets wish battlefront3 some luck in showing up!!! fingers crossed!!

29. uriahwright over 9000! says:

this has nothing to do with starwars but i am really really mad at the company who makes the pokemon games i heard black and white were for ds 3ds and gba and guess what no 3ds and most of all NO GBA VERSION I AM GOING TO HIT SOMETHING FOR IT I NEED A BRAND NEW GBA GAME RELEASE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

• Guiga_MD says:

WTF?? Who cares about pokemon man?? This website is for discussion of BF3, a man game…not pokemon crap…if you want to discuss that you go to the forum “we want pokemon dark shiny gold-blue-brownshit in the justion bieber website.

• uriahwright over 9000! says:

okay

• uriahwright over 9000! says:

and besides i just want some new games for my gba

• uriahwright over 9000! says:

AND MY COUSIN WITCH IS A GIRL THAT LIKES SWBF AND POKEMON SO DONT BE DISSING YOU COULD JUST SAY ” I DONT LIKE POKEMON THIS SITE IS ABOUT SWBF3 SO JUST DON’T TALK ABOUT PLEASE ” ORYOU COULD HAVE DONE THE THING THAT WOULD HAVE MADE EVERYONE HAPPY AND DON’T REPLY SO DONT DISS ON PEOPLE’S OPINIONS SO DON’T ” HAVE A COW MAN ”

• uriahwright over 9000! says:

AAND I GREW UP WITH THE GAME BOY’S THEIR A PART OF ME JUST LIKE MD IS A PART OF YOU

• uriahwright over 9000! says:

and when i say ”new” games i mean new good gameboy advance like mario and the reason i wanted pokemon is the fact that i paid like 200$ and a wireless adapter so me and my friend wicth moved could actually talk and trade nstuff so i would actually like bf3 more than that pokemon stuff but i still do kinda like pokemon and im just going to quit talking and go play sonic on the SEGA Geneisi

• Scott says:

You will NEVER, EVER, get any more new games for the GBA. When Nintendo makes a new console (handheld or not) they drop the last one like it’s old news. You are several generations behind so you can cross your fingers as hard you want, there are no games coming.

Something I’ve always liked Sony for is their dedication to their consoles old or new. You have to drop the old ones eventually, but not everyone gets up-to-date right away…anyway get rid of your GBA.

• uriahwright over 9000! says:

i know but its just so hard to let go there were so many good games but time to cuntinue on what i was ment to do want starwars BATTLEFRONT 3 THINKS FOR CLEARING MY HEAD SCOTT

30. Guiga_MD says:

Man i agree with rebelleader….i think that this company isnt producing our bf3, look at the news on gamespot…at seems, this new lego crap game will be the last because the new director of LA had spoke to the press that the LA will not cowork with others studios anymore…i think is because of the copyrights of the frachise or anthing like that. Well, if these is facts…than bf3 isnt related with sparkunlimited…

Damn!!!

Fingers still crossed!

• Kris Hokie says:

Personally, and I hate to say this, I think Lucas is clueless about what the fans actually want. Both Battlefront 1 and 2 were the largest selling Star Wars games of all time and the most well made. To completely abandon that franchise (on the consoles anyway, not including PSP releases) to make Lego Star Wars games is silly. It seems like they really are moving toward just focusing on the prequels. I really think they have dropped the ball if they let Battlefront 3 die. But then, they always seem too..

31. If this is another psp only game says:

I think I might have to bite George lucas’s head off

32. jomoma says:

at this point, we don’t care who makes it. We just want the game.

I sure do hope Spark Unlimited makes the game. I personally love that company.

33. Overlord says:

I saw this post and checked the Spark Unlimited website and found something interesting:

‘Spark is looking for a senior multiplayer designer for a 3rd Person Action/Adventure title in a high-profile science fiction franchise currently in development for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC markets. The Senior Multiplayer Designer will be responsible for collaborating on multiplayer game system development, designing and building levels, and gameplay balancing and tuning for a third-person action shooter on next generation consoles.’

‘Spark is pleased to announce that its latest project is hiring for production! We are in production on an unannounced high-profile, popular game property for next generation console release.

‘With the public disclosure of the title still months away, we are looking for innovative and creative professionals to bring to life a Triple-A game for an awaiting, highly critical audience. Employing agile techniques (SCRUM) we are developing this product utilizing our experiences with the Unreal engine.’

This has got to be it…right?

34. rebelleader says:

I can say this, which should dampen any speculation: No major Star Wars game from LucasArts has been or will be developed on Unreal Engine. The only tech outside of LA’s own that’s been used is the Quake engine on last-gen titles like Jedi Knight. They don’t license out other company’s engines anymore for in-house projects (meaning, projects they publish). That’s just a fact.

Secondly, Spark have little no no history creating well made, popular multiplayer games. Call of Duty: Finest Hour and Legendary, and that’s it. Neither stood the test of time (though Finest Hour was the best of the two), and LA certainly wouldn’t entrust the revival of a thrice canceled *online-only* game to a studio like this.

• T-rain says:

Actually, Republic Commando was made on the unreal 2 engine and it was one of the best received star wars games of the decade. Check your facts dude

35. Hunter 7100 says:

I just had both are wonderful and at the same time horriable idea, what if it’s not our so dearly wanted battlefront 3 but a new rogue squadron game? People do say It was finished before factor five went up in smoke. Just a possibility, fingers-crossed for battlefront 3 though!

36. wookie_fan says:

I gonna get a PS3 or Xbox just for SWBF3! Just 1 more day to the awards, please give us the good news

37. AlaskaAce1996 says:

The game is likely to be an FPS because it’s using the unreal engine.

38. GeneralChaz9 says:

Crap, posted a response in the other news, but oh well I will post it again. Man, I dont care if it is another PSP exclusive game, I will pee my pants! Well, happy tommorow!

39. J Wal. says:

According to google trends, hungary tops the list for searches of “battlefront 3” isn’t that a little odd.

40. Zeta 25 says:

Hey, Uriahwright, NICE IDEAS MAN!

O.K. Once again…ACTIVATE…. *camera dramatically swirls around Zeta* SUPER RANTING POWERS!

So, honestly, since you gave me the idea of Polis Massa with two words… You can toy around with this.HINT;
    Ice Caves.
    Citadel.
    Combine the two…

Ultimate Rhen Var.

• uriahwright over 9000! says:

yeah definetly awesome idea i miss rhen var from bf1 but it is a dlc pack for bf2 xbox version and the special unit for rhen var could be ice troops there ability could be be able to scale up ice formations and to drill through ice and their weapons could be flamethrower carbonite gun and the carbonite gun could actually freeze them in carbonite and they could shatter and a tomahawk for climbing ice and whacking people around and a elitric drill wich can slowly drain people’s health and stun them and could dig through walls oh and you live in coloarado i have a friend that moved to colrado his name is matthew kithcens if you see him say uriah says hi oh and i live in indiana and its 2:44 where im at wich is Indiana well by

41. Usman says:

ok so i went on the link provided, and when i clicked “details” i clearly read this and i am copy and pasting it here

“…With the public disclosure of the title still months away…”

If its public release is months away it wont be at VGA. im sorry guys but from what i just read either Spark isnt the developer or we wont be hearing squat on VGA.

• Zeta 25 says:

IF IT IS SPARK UNLIMITED.

another hint that they are making it “…to bring to life a Triple-A game for an AWAITING, HIGHLY CRITICA: AUDIENCE.”

Would you call us an AWAITING, HIGHLY CRITICAL AUDIANCE?
      I would… Hellz yea.

Any other opinions?

• BigMac4547 says:

one more hit could be that they are saying that the game is a “high-profile science fiction franchise”

• lukeofdarth says:

this post from spark unlimited about their new project was posted around August….December has been “months away” from wen it was originally posted

42. Space Geek says:

i guess only time will tell, I really hope its annnounced.

43. Redline says:

Just check it out under the Joblist of the unannounced game. Some facts speak for Sw-bf2 in any case. http://www.sparkunlimited.com/jobs_position_designsrMP.html

Notes:

•Strong understanding of basic multiplayer gametypes/playlists (TDM, DM, CTF, etc..) plus the capacity to successfully develop innovative modes

Spark is looking for a senior multiplayer designer for a 3rd Person Action/Adventure title in a high-profile !!!>>>science fiction<<<>>>(1st or 3rd person)<<<<!!!, preferably with Unreal 3.

44. Zeta 25 says:

OMJ!!!!

6:00 here in CO and i AM LOVING IT! What time are the VGAS?
    time, not date.

45. rebelbebel says:

I have been putting up as many forums as possible to find all that is being said regarding Star Wars Battlefront 3 and it’s relevance to the VGAs tomarrow. I will agree, a lot are saying Spark Unlimited. Why? Either because this site found the unnanounced project and the job descriptions or… something actuely got spilled and travelled so fast not that the source name got left behind.