Possible Battlefront 3 Developer?

By Nitro On 21 Sep, 2010 At 03:02 PM | Categorized As Featured | With 2 Comments

Well, it’s been almost a month and there hasn’t been any news of any sorts on the where-a-bouts of Battlefront 3… not even a single, lousy whiff! So far PAX, E3 & Star Wars Celebration V have been a big let down for us Battlefront 3 fans and so far it’s looking extremely grim.

Am I losing hope? Nope! Not yet anyway, I’m still quite confident that we will get what we want eventually! In the meantime, our good buddy Rainz has come up with his own scenario on who’s developing Battlefront 3.. and you know what, it actually sounds quite plausible.

“While searching through Google for even a hint of possible BF3 news, I came across information about a particular gaming company. A relatively unknown company, Killspace Entertainment, which is comprised of developers from 5 different gaming companies: Obsidian, Pandemic, Luxoflux, Electronic Arts LA, and Red 5.

Now one particularly interesting note here, is that one of those companies, Pandemic, worked on both Battlefront 1 and 2, but got shut down by EA, which means they are now working with another company, similar to Free Radical and Crytek UK. Another interesting note is that Killspace’s genres of games are “3rd and 1st Person character-focused
action, horror, and sci-fi.” Now, that description is the Battlefront series in a nutshell (well maybe not “horror”)

One last piece of evidence. In one of their categories, “Currently in Development” , one of their projects was “a licensed IP to be announced”.

Now, take from this finding what you will, but I believe we may have found the developer to our beloved Star Wars Battlefront 3. “

I have dispatched an email off to Killspace Entertainment and I am still awaiting a response. I will keep you all updated on the email and be sure to let me know what you are all thinking!

Thanks again Rainz!

1. indianaj37 says:

if they do make a SWBF3 and i hope they do i hope that they have better graphics more maps better story modes and more characters to play as but i love SWBF and SWBF2 and i would give up almost anything to get SWBF3 for xbox 360

2. Todd says:

Force Unleashed 2 has left a lot of disappointed gamers in its wake.

The pressure will be on LucasArts to develop a real crowd-pleaser now — BF3 seems like a good choice, especially on a PR level.

I was disappointed when TFU2 was announced at the VGA’s last year; I was hoping it would have been BF3. TFU is a great game, though.

3. oldskoolmacboy says:

I have an interesting piece of information. I spoke to a buddy who is studying 3D Animation at University. They have guest lecturers from time to time. He spoke to a guest lecturer from Crytek and he hinted at a new project with Lucas Arts but he couldn’t say anymore. Battlefront 3????

4. Moose says:

I think this would be awesome!

Dead space was fantastic! Imagine how good the makers would make battlefront3!

But this could be another let down, is there any conferences that these makers are gonna be at, or are usually present at.

That could give us a clue! I’m gonna search on it tomorrow and keep a tab on battlefront news I find or think is useful on my own website: http://fogr.wordpress.com
    (I’m just blogging on stuff that I find that ISNT posted on here!)

wish me luck and never give up hope!

Sincerely,

a swb3 wannabe player
    2006-2010

5. moxiethegreat says:

I first played bf2 at my friends house, it is still the best game in the world. Whenn I got my PS2 bf2 was the first game I got.

6. Fan of the Empire says:

How about next year to coincide with the blu ray release?

7. Matt says:

This is all just pissing me off. Battlefront 2 was one of my favorite games. There aren’t a lot of games out there with that kind of replay value. The only reason I got rid of my ps2 when I got a ps3 is that I figured it couldn’t be more than a year or so until a new battlefront game came out. I mean, come on! Lucas arts, do you have something against making lots of money??? Just make the stupid game!

8. moxiethegreat says:

I think we should write or e-mail lucas arts and tell them that star wars battle front 3 should be made. If we all do this it should change lucas arts veiw on bf3.

9. scotth1888 says:

when people say there is not horror included in Star Wars they should read Death Troopers!!!
    So there could be some if SW3 came out??

10. Huggie bear says:

After doing a little web hunting I found a new company naming them selfs respawn entertainment and emplyees from the late pandemic have jumped ship. I think it more likely this company making the game and other I,e timesplitters hence the name RESPAWN entertainment! What do you think? To be honest I have kind of lost intrest in Lucas arts and there current games. Force unleashed does not excite me the first one was rubbish when comparing it to other hack n slashers like god of war 3.

11. Huggie bear says:

12. moxiethegreat says:

Drizzy Drake we just need hope, and if we have hope it shall come.

13. moxiethegreat says:

I think this is the one that will bring battlefront 3 alive.

• empirevsrebellion says:

bf3 has been alive,but it was never released.So you mean bf3 will be reborn. Now make sure u look on the back FU2 game booklet u,for it may be a HINt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. why... says:

I’m starting to lose hope. I used to play the hell out of it for the PC and played with clans and stuff.. I’ve had no fun with any game since the death of SWBF2..

15. Drizzy Drake says:

Hate to kill the mood but i really dont think we are gonna get battlefront 3. I think we might get a knock off version of what they might call a bf3 but im just as big a fan as the next guy. I was waiting for a Battlfront 3 since battlefront 2 came out. ive been through 5 copies of battlefront 2. Greatest game in my opinion. But honestly i have to say im seeing a pattern here. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONE NADA ZIP. No good info has come since like the end of 09. this year has been a major dissapointment. And becuase im telling the truth the Admin. is probably gonna take my post down….cause they want to keep you interested……listen Admin. I dont have any prob with you wanting battlefront 3 but i think your wasting your time when it comes to hunting down info and just hopin itll be announced. Just Give it time…itll be announced when its announced. anyways screw LA. They basically just spit in their fans face’s. Not listening to your fans is the dumbest freakin thing ive ever heard of…………….and They do it well.

• Nitro says:

I run this site because I want to and because I am a huge Star Wars fan. I have a full time job aside from this so it’s not as if I make much from it. I only take down posts where people are being asses and swearing. I value everyone’s opinion and just out of curiosity if you think this place is so uninteresting and a waste of time, why would you bother coming?

I’m sure some people appreciate what I am doing.

• Drizzy Drake says:

Hey admin, im sorry about my message. i wasnt meaning to jump on your case. Im a huge star wars fan and i go to alot of the conventions including this years celebration which was awesome by the way. But i was just saying i dont think it would happen and i kinda got ticked off cause i posted something not to long ago that wasnt offensive or nothing and you took it off. i was actually hoping to get some feed back on that but it got taken down. But anyways im sorry about the post. And believe it or not i have been a regular on your site since you strated it and i do appreciate it. I was Just a little upset so sorry bout that. Keep posting stuff and let me know you got this. Sorry again

• clone345 says:

@Nitro

I know that you and I and the fans of star wars are dying hard for BF3.I believe that it is comming out like you do but first we just need to wait for a single tingle fricken official word from LA that star wars battlefront 3 is in production or whatever.IMO, we should listen to official news rather than unofficial news like rumors,a game developer working on an unnannounced project and all that jazz.I mean look even LA have never said what happened to the game and i think they delayed it for some time because of their decisions not to release the game yet and they need time to think about making it the most epic game in the world.So,It is just a matter of time.

16. bigruss93 says:

with the halo series coming to an ed the world needs another futuristic galaxy game to have people glued to there tv screens playing it… what o what will that game be? hmmm

17. Jdag says:

U guys should look forward 4 da video game awards in a month 66% says it’s gonna b announced then

• Deter says:

oh man i hope your right, but my chances would be that they are either trying to make a big surprise on the BF3 or that they obviously going to throw out KOTOR first. Soo I hope your right about them announcing it in the awards

18. uriahwright says:

todays mah birth day oh isnt slant six supposed to make a bf title called battlefront online i think it got cancelld not for sure

19. clone345 says:

What did the email say?

20. Assassin M22 says:

• Zombie says:

buddy man u need to realize that their are millions of fans out in the world that love starwars. i love starwars, i got friends that love it too. i got like $1200 dollars in books alone about starwars and the original poster for the revenge of the jedi before they change it to return of the jedi. i got every game made and i have them for systems i don’t even play. i was asked to be a game tester for the new starwars the old rebulic game not yet released. i know more about then u do most likly so when it comes down to it i’m a starwars geek and proud of it

• cody douglas of the 3rd clone battlion says:

On the behalf of all the star wars geeks and nerds,i would also like to point out that there will be a possible battlefront 3 game within the next 2-3 years

21. Chase says:

So will it be released soon? I could live with a Battlefront 1 and 2 remake for PS3 with online and I can live. Plus, they are more worried about Force Unleashed 2 right now and they wont announce Battlefront 3 before Force Unleashed 2 is released. So, just hold your horses.

22. Fenrix says:

Hey did you guys see LA will be re-releasing the movie series in 3D.
    This could be a good thing for us. George likes to release the big games
    around something to do with the movies. Bad news is that could mean a few years.
    But heres to hoping!

Boy, I got here late.

Anyhow, I don’t think that Killspace is working on a Star Wars title. Although it would appear that they have the training, seeing how the only studio on the list that doesn’t have a Star Wars title under their belt would be Red 5. Looking at their genre description, I would say that the ‘horror’ kinda wrecks the chances of a Star Wars title fitting in there. Reason being that no Star Wars title could ever be called “horror”, and I would say that Killspace has maybe one or two games in development right now, and one of those is a horror title.

It’s pretty hard for new studios to get off the ground these days and if they’ve manage to land an existing IP means that they’re off to a great start, as an existing IP usually has a publisher that owns the rights.

So I think we could all start guessing at this existing IP in development. If it’s not Battlefront 3, it’s probably some retro HD remake. So you could assume that the licensed IP is a “sci-fi/action/horror/first-person shooter” or you could say that the IP is a “sci/action/third-person shooter” and that they may have another title in development that is a “action/horror” game.

Anyway you slice it I’m watching this developer with some keen interest.

• Rainz says:

I don’t think that they combine all 3 of those elements into their games. They may have single-genere games they make too. Saying something is a sci-fi/horror/action/3rd person shooter is like a game being called “Saw: Star Trek-Modern Warfare 2 Edition” It just wouldn’t work.

• P dump says:

No, it’s been done. Like Dead Space. Resident Evil.
        But I do think that they are developing multiple games.

• Rainz says:

But both of those games were developed by different companies, so Killspace most likely has a different take on the genre. Oh, and I wouldn’t really consider Resident Evil to be Sci-Fi.

• P dump says:

Well it’s not sci-fi like Star Wars, Mass Effect sci-fi, but it is science-fiction. What I meant by “sci-fi/action/horror/first-person shooter” was some zombie blastin game. But, like I said, I think they have two games in the works.

24. Zeta25 says:

i know someone at school who’s older bro worked at Pandemic.
    i think her bro may work for killspace now, but im not sure…
    ill see if i can get any info…

25. Port 420 says:

I’m concluding that the unannounced Star Wars Kinect title is sure to be SWBF3. It strongly resembles the unfinished game from the Free Radical leaked video. It’s not TFU, so I think we’re in luck!

• KnighT-972 says:

No-way ! There is no way Star Wars Kinect tittle can be a Star Wars Battlefront title. Did you saw the video ? o_O

• Rainz says:

I’ve seen gameplay of that game and it is not BF3. It’s a lightsaber only game that you play in 3rd person.

• Onihikage says:

In luck? You seem to be under the impression that Kinect doesn’t suck. As far as gameplay is concerned, Kinect is an overpriced, glorified Eyetoy. If you want to play a shooter, a controller in your hand is a MUST, especially with Kinect, which can’t distinguish the motion of individual fingers.

Please, let’s keep motion controllers OUT of BF3. My Brand X game controller is plenty for a Star Wars FPS, thank you very much.

That said, I hope Killspace Entertainment delivers with an epic title. The Star Wars game roster has needed another amazing shooter for a long time.

• Rainz says:

Well said. In my opinion, Battlefront 2 was the last great Star Wars game. It’s just been going downhill ever since.

• Zeta25 says:

i agree. wii sucks anyway. wii without a controller? how does anything like that even work?

• Assassin M22 says:

I HAVE A WII BUT IT SUCKS SO MY MOM PLAYS IT BECUSE I WAS GONNA TRASH IT BECSUE ITS A WAST OF MONEY I HAVE SWBF1 AND SWBF2 AND OTHER STAR WARS GAMES FOR PS2 AND PS3 XBOX AND XBOX 360. CLONE WARS WAS A FAILER SO I GAVE IT TO MY LITTLE BRO IM KEPPING UP WITH STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3 ON THIS WEB SITE IT SAID ON ONE PAGE I LOOK AT 2 DAYS AGO IT WOULD BE COMMING OUT THIS FALL OR THIS SUMMER OF 2010 I HOPE BUT ITS NOT LIKELY SENCE THEY BEEN PUTING IT OFF FOR SOME TIME. I PERSONLY WOULD LIKE IT TO BE A COMBINATION OF STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 1&2 WITH THE GOING PRONE ON #1 BECUSE IT MAKES SNIPING FUN IN A WAY . AND ALSO I WOULD LIKE IT TO BE LIKE STAR WARS ELITE SQUADRON WITH SPACE AND GROUND BATTLES TOGETHOR. JUST NOT THE AUTO PART WHERE IT DOES THE SPACE TO GROUND OR GROUND TO SPACE ITS NOT AS FUN SAME WITH ENTERING AND LEVING THE CAPITAL SHIP . THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY AND FOR SOME OF THE RUDE PEOPLE OUT THERE LIKE ON YOUTUBE IM 16 YEARS OLD AND AM A BIG FAN OF STAR WARS AND I KNOW ABOUT STAR WARS AND GAMES .

• Scott says:

It simply locates you and your form and turns you into a model. Search for webcam games and you will loads of games that do similar things as Kinect promises to do. The reason for motion controllers being terrible…well there are loads. In fact, it’s been an article idea floating in my head for the sister site (Scott is Always Right) for some time.

As for the Kinect Star Wars game specifically, it looks terrible yes, but hopefully I’m wrong (haha). The Wii (as a gaming console) is terrible, the Move (as of now) is terrible, and the Kinect looks worse. Yes, it’s new, but the games are just Wii-clones without a controller. Anyway I digress, that article might be a better place for this.

26. JokerDivision says:

If any of this news holds true and it is happening then the best series ever is finally being continued!
    Couldn’t have asked for anything better! thanks for the news.
    I hope it all holds true. 😀

27. Clone Trooper says:

I hope this is true!

28. J Wal. says:

the must have something bad@$$ up their sleeve if lucusarts is going to let them make it….

29. Luis E. Morales Falcon says:

BATTLEFRONT 3. I have faith that it will be announced probally on January. If it never gets announnced, well, we still have our life to say thanks to God. Just so you know, I would not buy another Star Wars game besides Battlefront 3, KOTOR 3, or The Force Unleashed 3.

30. Vinicius says:

small scale developers arent’t a bad idea, you remember Rocksteady, the creator of Batman: Arkham Asylum, the best super hero videogame ever made?

31. J Wal. says:

could the gears of fate finally turn in a postive direction, I certainly hope so

32. uriahwright says:

it sounds like is raining battlefront 3 haleljuea!

33. clone345 says:

Whos the publisher they are working with?

34. ggctuk says:

If this is real, I hope they use an enhanced ZeroEngine… and then release the mod tools. After BF1 and BF2, mod tools are a must for any Battlefront game *glares at Rebellion Studios and the BF Squadron games*

35. Don't think so says:

Killspace are working on a videogame adaptation of Apocalypse Now, per multiple sources, and domain registrations from earlier this year.

36. Scott says:

Damn Nitro you get email responses quick (previously anyway). I’ve sent an email SCE’s way and have not got a reply and it’s been over a month. Anyway, Battlefront 3 FTW!

37. Dude says:

Yeah right. BF3 will never come. But if Pandemic was still here, we’d have it by now.

38. MillerTime30 says:

Thanks for the info, but I must say I have little confidence in these small scale developers. I cannot recall the last time an excellent game was made out of a virtually unknown developer. Hopefully I am wrong though.

39. ET7794 says: