Force Unleashed Producer Haden Blackman Resigns…

By Nitro On 30 Jul, 2010 At 03:32 PM | Categorized As Featured, News | With 2 Comments

Well, this is an unexpected turn of events. As everyone probably already knows by now (I’m a little late posting this), Force Unleashed producer Haden Blackman has resigned from LucasArts.. why you ask yourselves? Well, apparently he felt a disturbance in the force and that it is the best time for him to move on. They say that this will have no effect on The Force Unleashed 2’s release.

Things have been really slow with any Battlefront 3 news as well, hence the lack of posts here. I do hate not posting, so if anyone has any tidbits or anything that is newsworthy, feel free to drop me a line: admin@battlefront3.net

“The executive producer and writer of the Force Unleashed videogame series, Haden Blackman, resigned from LucasArts today after spending 13 years with the studio, the company confirmed to IGN.

Blackman has been credited with working on several titles over the years, including the Force Unleashed I and II, Star Wars: Galaxies, and Star Wars: Force Commander. He also helped write and produce a number of Star Wars books and comics.

“I’ve had a fantastic time working with the team at Lucasfilm and am really grateful for their ongoing support,” Blackman said in a statement.

“While the decision to leave LucasArts did not happen overnight or come easily, I really feel that now is the best time for me to move on and explore new creative challenges and I look forward to the next phase of my career.”

The Force Unleashed II is currently set for release this October. A LucasArts representative said Blackman’s departure will not affect the game’s development.”

Thanks IGN.com

1. car rims says:

ghost ride that whip

2. labrug says:

Is this potentially bad news?

Between various high-ranking individuals leaving the company and rumored future project cancellations, the pieces have been in place for something bad happening at LucasArts for a while. It appears today was the day for the bad news to hit. The publisher has confirmed staff cuts, and insider talk suggests that a lot of people were let go. More at the link below…

3. uriahwright says:

ive been asking a potato load of question about swbf3 at celabration v .com its listed under MAIN EVENT on the website so maybe if we keep on askin lucasarts may consider trying to make the game or at least try to

4. Huggs1 says:

Splinter cell guy has just been recruited by Lucas arts working on an unknown project?

5. Josh says:

I think that we need to get more active, could we possibly meet at conventions and ask for Battlefront III?

6. Anju Vena says:

Well seeing how battlefront was their biggest money maker before TFU u would think it’s about time they milked that series again…instead of messing around on psp, now that they have been trying stuff on psp maybe they can translate the good stuff over to xbox… :-S

7. Revan Shan says:

Somth is wrong inside Lucasarts… First the president, now this guy.

I’m sure Star Wars Conquest will end up owning every Lucasarts’ game, even after BF3’s release.

8. J Man says:

In my point of view this is half good and half bad. Good is that,like space geek said, the next guy will push on the battlefront seires, bad, is that IF they were in the makes in bf3 that means that Haden WONT be in the project… well lets hope for the best 🙂

9. Space Geek says:

I was thinking quite the opposite naybe it does affect FU titles and then they make battlefront instead lol:)

10. Josh says:

Maybe now we’ll get Battlefront III

11. Chaz says:

This is ok with me. Maybe the next guy in line may push BF3. This drought of info is clouding my view of the force. SOMEONE BRING US NEWS!!!!

I didn’t like him. I don’t know why, I just didn’t. They say he helped write some books, probably the ones I didn’t like. Anyhow, I wonder if we’re one step closer to Battlefront 3.

13. Legion 2.5 says:

This was not expected. Hopefully this does not effect future force unleashed titles.