First images of Battlefront Online? Perhaps…

By admin On 20 Mar, 2010 At 08:10 AM | Categorized As Featured | With 2 Comments

Thanks to our loyal forum member, “Wenis”, we have a little bit of hope still of getting our Battlefront game.

On January 28th, Kotaku.com reported that Battlefront: Online was in pre-production by Slant Six Games and Lucasarts.

“The game, for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, is currently being worked on by both Lucasarts and Slant Six Games, the studio responsible for SOCOM Confrontation and SOCOM Fire Team Bravo 3.”

Our friend Wenis has dug up a profile of a former Slant Six Games employee (left about 3 months ago) with some interesting Star Wars renderings among his profile.

“I found the LinkedIN page of a former Slant 6 employee (it says he left about 3 months ago). Interestingly in his work experience, he said he worked on Socom Confrontation as well as a ‘new engine for unannounced title’. That unannounced title could be Socom Fire Team Bravo 3 for PSP which just came out, but it also could be POSSIBLY SWBFOnline.

Anyways, now to the real topic. On the LinkedIN page I found a link to his website, here. And there is a gallery of 9 pictures, and one of them showed a model of R2D2 and the other showed a TIE fighter. Heres the images:

R2D2 Render

Tie Fighter Render

In no way are these images confirmed with any kind of Star Wars game, but it does give us some hope in the future! I know lately everyone has been saying they’ve lost all hope in that Battlefront 3 is being developed, but I still believe we’ll get it…. eventually!

Special thanks to, “Wenis”! Thanks for the great work!

*UPDATE*

False alarm, I had emailed Erik at the time of making this post and asked him about them, he just got back to me:

Sorry, but those screenshots are just assets I pulled off of Google’s 3D Warehouse for a toy renderer to teach myself a few things. I’d appreciate you taking down the story to avoid any confusion.

Be sure to check out Erik’s profile anyway, he does some great work!

About -

1. Gamer says:

I really hope BF3 comes out.

2. ThatOneGuy says:

Sigh…I’m so dissapointed. I’m beginning to lose hope. Again. I’m tired of getting my hopes up, then have them crushed. Only possible BF3 announcment I see is at E3.

If it’s not, It’s never gonna happen. It seems like LucasArts as well as Lucas himself is forgetting it’s true fans. Seems like they’d rather make shows and games for pre-teens rather than us (adults and teens, I’m 18). I miss the days of KOTOR, Jedi Knight, Battlefront 2, Republic Commando (which they also never made a sequal to), etc etc. Seems like those days are long gone. Now it’s all about The Clone Wars (that show just sucks imho), lego games, etc etc.

Well, at least I can still dream about BF3 and watch the leaked trailer. And cry again. 🙁

3. Yea… I’m not sure if you knew.

But Slant Six Games is following Lucasarts via twitter.
    Something to think about.

4. swbattlefrontfan says:

it’s just as well the pics weren’t for real, i wouldn’t play an mmo battlefront anyways, just like i won’t play the butchered knights of the old republic mmo that was made in the place of kotor 3, even if i did want to play a kotor mmo, i’d still be bummed that they made the character models all cartoonish and with out of proportioned limbs, it looks like the incredibles, but star wars…..

• Umm… lol!

The direction the Star Wars animated series is going the same direction as the “out of proportioned limbs” you were talking about.

If you have heard LA is releasing a new animated series called “Squishies.”
      Its targeted to entertain younger audiences, such as preschoolers.

Though if it is like the Marvel show Super Hero Squad, i will have my fair share of laughs. xP.

• Randy says:

Well they wont get any money from me until they put out battlefront 3! With the exception of the battlefront games everything that has come from lucas arts is complete garbage!!! The only game this company has ever put out that was halfway decent and it has been over 4 years since the last instalment of the series. At the very least battlefront 3 should be near finished!! but instead they are putting out garbage like the force unleashed 2 and lego wars. Garbage!!!

5. darthbanana94 says:

robertsims where did you see that battlefront 3 had been announced

6. robertsims says:

Its there! Battlefront 3 has been announsed at Lucasarts. Its march madness baby dreams do come true (by the way arizona wildcats all the way)

7. Wow… that just sucks..
    Its not related to anything what so ever.

8. Sarge says:

I don’t buy anything till an annoucement is made.

9. drizzy drake says:

first of all the R2-D2 picture is of R2-D2 in google sketch up. I am in the enginnering field and build stuff like that in sketchup all the time. just because its R2-D2 doesnt mean its for battlefront 3. but for the other picture of the tie fighter, i have no explanation other than its just a pic.
    Dont want to crush any dreams or nothing but they probably dont have anything what so ever to do with battlefront. I would be so happy to see this game come out but, its not lookin good =(

Hopefully these pictures will be linked to the job. People draw Star Wars for fun. Simple fact of life. I’m going to scrutinize the images now.

11. Space Geek says:

I would love to believe this is battlefront 2,
    but I have my suspisions.
    Since when have droids other than the CIS droids even played a minor roll in Battlefront?
    The only things i can remember is the torture droid on Jabbas Palace and health+ammo droids

• Space Geek says:

excue my typo
      *I would love to believe this is battlefront 2,
      I meant to say battlefront 3

• Wenis says:

If I remember correctly, in SWBF1 there were little R2 droids that repaired your vehicles, just like the ammo and health droids.

• marty says:

I loved SWB1 and SWB2. Lucas has really lost touch with gamers. MW2, Halo, BBC2,ect. People want console multiplayer shooters. Those are the games that sell. Force Unleashed was ok, but an updated Jedi Knight would’ve been better. Nope Lucas would rather sell Monkey Island and Lego SW. Ah well, we see what he did with the last three movies so who is suprised. Im still hoping SWB 3 comes out…