X10 Tonight + Lego Star Wars 3 Announced

By admin On 11 Feb, 2010 At 11:53 AM | Categorized As Featured, News | With 2 Comments

Well, tonight we find out if the X10 event will announce Battlefront 3. I have my doubts it will, as do a lot of other people, but there a handful out there that believe this is the big day for our game. I just can’t imagine that they would release Battlefront 3 as an XBOX exclusive, seems kind of silly to me.

Stay tuned, we will report any Star Wars news that comes in from the event.

On a side note, Lucas Arts has announced that they will be releasing Lego Star Wars 3. Personally, I like the Lego Star Wars games as they are pretty fun, but obviously, I would much rather them release Battlefront 3.

Check out the latest info:

“LucasArts and TT Games Bring Back the Award-Winning LEGO Star Wars Series with LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

LucasArts and TT Games today announced the development of LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars. The next chapter in the award-winning LEGO Star Wars video game franchise, LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars will combine the best elements of all previous LEGO games while adding brand new gameplay to make it the most action-packed LEGO videogame to date. Developed by the same team at Traveller’s Tales that created the critically acclaimed LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Indiana Jones series, the game will ship on the Wii, Nintendo DS, PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment system, PSP (PlayStationPortable) system, and Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows in the Fall of 2010.

“LucasArts continues to set the bar for next-generation family entertainment,” said Darrell Rodriguez, president of LucasArts. “The LEGO Star Wars franchise is a massive hit with fans, bringing in sales of over 20 million units worldwide. We’re thrilled to extend this experience to LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, delivering the humor and fun players expect from this award winning franchise.”

“LucasArts is an amazing partner, and working with them on the next iteration of the LEGO Star Wars series continues to be a great experience,” said Tom Stone, director at TT Games. “The team at TT is working hard at making this simply the best LEGO game ever with all new gameplay and features never before seen in a LEGO game.”

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars will include all the characters from both seasons of the hugely popular animated television series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, as well as some fan-favorite characters from the beloved theatrical Star Wars Saga. The game will feature brand new battle modes, giving players unique, head-to-head combat and an upgraded level builder, allowing the creation of customized bases and in-game battlefields. Play either as a Jedi or Separatist with all-new character abilities, such as Squad command, Lightsaber slicing, Lightsaber jumps, long distance Jedi attacks and Grapple Tie-Ups, all within a new, easy-to-navigate hub. “

Source: StarWars.com

About -

1. Marine Paint says:

i am addicted to computer games that is why i bought a gamecube for me and my brother “:~

2. i love both the gamecube and the nintendo DS, two of the best stuff you can get*~-

3. Katie Patel says:

i love to play on gamecubes and on psp machines, so addicting `

4. Logan Baker says:

I like both the Gamecube and Xbox, we have them in our home office and also in our living room.*’,

5. BFfan says:

WHAT DO WE WANT!!!
    BATTLEFRONT 3!!!
    WHEN DO WE WANT IT!!!
    NOW!!!

6. ledhead1234 says:

Dude Battlefront 3 needs to be made I am a huge fan have played the second and first for years EA games needs to get of there lazy buts and make this game.

7. RAWDOG 262 says:

Hey admin, I have a theory that Battlefront Online may be a download only game like Battlefield 1943. It also gives us hope that Battlefront 3 is still alive and Battlefront Online may give you the ability to unlock something like a new weapon or vehicle in Battlefront 3 like Battlefield 1943. So could you please post something on this because it sounds very likely.

8. jeff mcdiarmid says:

heres an idea, how bout a lego version of howard the duck? thats right george, i remember that one! GIVE ME BACK MY BATTLEFRONT”!!!!!!! HELP US OBIWAN KENOBI, YOU’RE OUR ONLY HOPE!!!!!

Thought I would break the bordom…

Who’s getting Final Fantasy XIII?

10. Aaron says:

ok i hav read nearly every comment so far and it looks to me as if no one here really even likes star wars, all use like is battlefront and if that wasnt a star wars game use wudnt care at all, use wud still like it if it was just random space soilders running around on a war field. p.s. who ever said tfu was a huge flop is a huge idiot because if it did so badly they wudnt have thought of a awy to bring the main character back from the dead plus it also filled in some huge gaps between episodes 3 & 4 like who started the rebel allience. (and it was a really fun game to just sit dwn and play) I do have to agree about the lego games however they are really jus crap and boring.

11. Captin Rex says:

Sign the petition if yuo havn’t cause this will be the best game in Star wars history. But it had better come out for PS2.

12. Andrei grigorescu says:

About the rumours, I went last time to Eb games to get a game, and I also ask the manager when will battlefront 3 be release. He check in his computer and said it would be for June 1st, 2010. I really hope that the date will not be changed.

• P dump says:

Oh, it has. If anything that would be the annoucement of BF3. June is the E3. And after an annoucement it usually takes 6-9 months at least before release. The Force Unleased 2 probably won’t be out til Q3 or 4 of this year.

13. Sidious1264 says:

Clone Wars is a cheap fluke. They ought to quit before it gets too overdone! Besides alot of it is barely believable as far as the SAGA goes.

Alright, anyone who is following The Force Unleashed II should see this. I go on the official site to see if there are any updates. No new information, but something HAS changed. Kinda creepy… check it out: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed2/

15. Timothy Chapin says:

What I think would be really kewl is if Lucusarts bought the rights to Halo from bungi and did like a starwars/halo game. But that might ruin it.

• Justin says:

Yeah…

• P dump says:

HaHaHa. That WOULD ruin it. Want a Star Wars Halo? Try Republic Commando.
      By the way I belive that Bungi has lost the rights to develop more Halo’s after Reach. Microsoft has the rights and, lets face it, that’s the most money they’ll ever get from one series.

16. Zazbab11 says:

This is not going to be and Xbox exclusive at all (hopefully) Microsoft does this kind of thing all the time. Remember at E3 09 when their press conference was all about modern warfare 2? MODERN WARFARE 2 IS NOT AN XBOX EXCLUSIVE!!! Even so it would be dumb for LA to do this because of obvious business resons.

• Red7 StandingBy says:

I don’t think it would be dumb for BF3 to be XBOX eclusive. most good LA games are in fact XBOX eclusive and xbox sells much better than PS3. MW2 sold 4:1 better on xbox

• drd7of14 says:

What exclusives are you referring to as far as Lucasarts games go?…cause I’m pretty sure most, if not all, are 3rd party. The only one I can think of right now KOTOR: 2, for the original Xbox, and that wasn’t really that great of a game. [No bioware, πŸ™ ]

17. Mhugg says:

I hate Lucas arts and there pointless and crappy Lego games. George Lucas has got to get his act together before he losses the intrest of lots of battlefront fans. if I don’t get an anouncement at E3 I am never buying a Lucas game ever. We were blessed with the bf3 footage in 2008/2007 before it was canned, two years go past and nothing to the fans. at least to reasure that it is happening. George Lucas you can kiss my hairy arse.

Alright, the little promo ad is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HFCsBm60Rw

Goodness…
    Trendy, Trendy, Trendy…

What do I think about this?…

Oh, I know.
    I DON’T CARE.

20. donhomerj says:

hmm , Bioware is one of the greatest game designers I know, kotor, fallout3, those were damn good games πŸ™‚ it would be a dream, if bioware does it, but a cool dream

21. Fettlives says:

Fine with me if its an XBOX 360 exclusive. Just make it already. I agree with the others about the kiddie games…it sux. i know Georgie Boy wants to keep “captivating new generations of fans” but we all know that the 15-30 year old male demographic is the strongest in this form of entertainment. Plus, I don’t even get the Legos game stuff..kinda queer if you ask me.I also agree Force Unleashed was less than satisfying and it is sad the best Star Wars games are on the XBox and PS2…I thought Lucas was all about cutting edge….also, I know this is out in left field but a Bounty Hunter game with Boba Fett would sell big time if done right.

• Space Geek says:

THANK YOU!!!!!!
      i mean really, the generation that enjoyed the first lego star wars game (thats me) is on to bigger and better games

• Joel says:

Your right enough with the legos and the force unleashed weve been there done that force unleashed was a discrace to StarWars 3 outa 10 now its battlefront 3 time just release the game and I will be satisfied. even if you just get battlefront 2 and enhance the graphics I will be happy. lets just hope EA dont make it because we all want to finish matches without getting signed out of EA nation 50 times.
        (I never get singed out of PSN but every time im in a good skate 2 or nhl10 match I get signed out.) and YES we enjoyed lego starwars, but now we want better games. (A.K.A. Starwars battlefront 3!!!)

• P dump says:

@ Fettlives. Yes. I completely agree that a Bounty Hunter Next-gen sequel is a must. The first one was a great idea. IDEA. LucasArts just had a massive fail in the gameplay. Make it a Third-Person Action Aventure with RPG themes. And of course, following Boba.

22. Maki says:

Why?! Pour quoi ils ne sortent pas battlefront 3 au lieu de faire ceci… Ils savent bien que battlefront 3 est un jeu qui se vendrai tres bien.La seul hypothese c est qu ils le devellopent encore

23. swbattlefrontfan says:

why does lucasarts keep making kids games and focusing on the clone wars? the last time a serious star wars game came out was when kotor 2 and republic commando were released. i couldnt take the force unleashed seriously because the story and acting were terrible and it was just meant to appease hyper kids who sort of like star wars.

tfu would have been bearable if the lightsaber wasn’t just a fancy baton, i mean since when does a lightsaber just bat people? it’s supposed to be capable of cutting through every known material lol.

lucasarts needs to stop dumnping on the true star wars fans and release battlefront 3, not these cheap thrills like tfu and kid games like lego star wars and the clone wars.

the least they could do would be to focus on the good series like kotor and battlefront and republic commando, and then do tfu and the clone wars.

• Recneps says:

well right now most of the people that play SW games are kids…. and Lego star wars is probably one of the best selling SW games…. and btw ( I use “btw” a ton lol) correct me if I am wrong πŸ™‚

• theknightwhosaysni says:

i can correct you. it specificly says on the lucasarts website that battlefront games are the best selling star wars games. i agree with swbattlefrontfan. screw lego star wars, JUST GIVE US BATTLEFRONT 3 ALREADY! lucasarts is run by idiots who think they have 2 impress little kids who are like 7 when the true fans are just getting more & more pissed off. if my parents weren’t so strict i would have dumped lucasarts games for good and gone to call of duty.

24. Revan Shan says:

Oh, we can guess T S is Toy Soldier.

25. Revan Shan says:

Post Data: There is an unknown game that will be T… S… (dunno the full name), but I don’t think it’s anything related to Star Wars.

• Chase1234 says:

I like the Lego Star Wars games but I absolutely love the Battlefront games. That is easily my favorite game series on Gamecube, Ps2, Xbox 360, and even n64. I will buy Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars and I will probably like it but not in the same way as if a Battlefront 3 came out. That would be the most important game that ever came out for me. Battlefront will always be in my opinion the best game to ever grace the gaming world. I just don’t have the same excitement for LSW: TCW as I would for Battlefront 3.

26. Revan Shan says:

For what I know the titles that will be announced will be the following: Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Dead Rising 2
    Fable III
    Halo: Reach
    Lost Planet 2
    Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
    Perfect Dark Arcade
    Alan Wake

Therefore, unless it’s a complete secret, there will be no BF3 in X10.

27. Recneps says:

Oh admin you forgot to put the E at the end of note in the third paragraph

BTW If they do make it exclusively for XBOX I hope they have BioWare do it.

btw I hope they don’t announce it for Xbox